Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Throttle / Kickdown Linkage

I am having trouble hooking up a Holley Truck Avenger 4bbl Carb to the 258 in my 88 YJ. The carb sits on a Offenhauser intake. My foot peddle only moves the carb linkage about 1/2 open. I need to start from scratch building a throttle cable and a kickdown cable for the automatic. (TF999) Has anyone done this before? I am looking for the right cables and brackets to use. Thanks for the help.

if it was the 4.0 I could help you...but i dunno.
    with the 4.0 you disconnect the linkage, and reconnect it, and then open the throttle body all the way at the throttle body, and it ratchets into place. You could try that O.o
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

Hello Oldtimer,

I just had my motor replaced in my 88 YJ and while waiting for the Howell fuel injection to arrive I requested that the builder replace the stock carb so that I could start racking up some break in miles. When he re-installed the stock carb something changed on the linkage and we never could get more than 1/2" of pedal travel. We gave up and I limped my first 150 miles by staying out of everyone's way. I have heard that if you are staying with a carb that the Avenger Truck 4bbl is the way to go. Good luck with your project.

Comment

Working...
      X