Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancho 9000 Vs 5000

I have a 1980 CJ7 with a 4.0 and AX15. Ford 9 inch in the back and SJ dana 44 in the front. No sway bar.
    It is spring over with YJ springs. Would it be worth the money to put Rancho 9000s on it?
    just on the front? Or maybe Rancho 5000?

Thanks
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Any ideas?
    Any one have 9000s?

Comment

I have the 9000's they are great, but I dont have a spring over, so all bets are off. I do run them on my YJ with no swaybar, no steering stabalizer and no trackbars. I drive this thing on the freeway, it is stable and corners well.
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Rancho 9000

I have a 94 4.0 with a springover and have been running the 9000s eversince I did the springover (about 10 years). Until receantly I used it like a daily driver. Mine is set up with a Detroit in the back and a Lockrite in front and Dana 44s both ends. It took a little getting accoustom too the set up. But I think it was because of the locker in the rear.
        The 9000s are adjustable and the 5000s are not. I used stock Wrangler springs with an add-a-leaf in the begginning but they soon flattened out and I had some custom ones made with the military wrap. Driving style and use has a lot to do with choice.
        I just did Moab with my set up on 33s and had no problem.:2:

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
          I have a 94 4.0 with a springover and have been running the 9000s eversince I did the springover (about 10 years). Until receantly I used it like a daily driver. Mine is set up with a Detroit in the back and a Lockrite in front and Dana 44s both ends. It took a little getting accoustom too the set up. But I think it was because of the locker in the rear.
          The 9000s are adjustable and the 5000s are not. I used stock Wrangler springs with an add-a-leaf in the begginning but they soon flattened out and I had some custom ones made with the military wrap. Driving style and use has a lot to do with choice.
          I just did Moab with my set up on 33s and had no problem.:2:
          Thanks for the input.

Do you use the adjustments? What are they set on?
          Also, what springs did you buy??
          I am trying to decide if I should spend the extra money on the 9000s.

Comment

Rancho 9000's

I"ve been running my setting on 4 on the road lately as I believe mine are starting to fade from age. In the past I set mine on 3 and left them there. My springs are from National Spring through MIT in El Cajon who did my origonal setup. Nation had to move because of the Freeway extension. Not sure where they relocated. Old Man EMU has a springover kit but not sure what they use. There are a lot of MFG.s out there making good products. I'm sure there is some one out there who uses a different brand that they have had satisfaction with on their setup.
            George

Comment

I run the fronts on 3 and the backs on 4
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Ok, so I went to 4wheel parts in riverside and they did not have the 5000s. I went to 4west in colton and they did not have the 5000s ether. BUT they sold me the 9000s for 75 bucks each.

Cool

Comment

I liked my 9000's until I changed my suspension and was able to go fast in the whoops. The 9000's fade really fast, and make the end of the day really uncomfortable. I actually need to go to a remote resevior shock, now. But for typical trail riding and rock crawling, they did great.

My 5000's on the front also bit the dust. I'm going Bilstein all around. We'll see how they do.
                  '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Working...
                  X