Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!

Here is my problem:
    - Loud noise in 2wd only, nothing in 4wd or right after taking it out of 4wd.
    - Starts around 25 mph becomes constant at 45
    - I have been told that the chain from the t-case to the tranny is rubbing on the t-case
    - The shop also told me that the entire t-case would need to be replaced.
    - I have an automatic 3 speed transmission

Any thoughts on what might be the problem if it is not the t-case chain? Also what would this fix take to do in my garage?

Originally posted by clemsontiger63 View Post
    Here is my problem:
    - Loud noise in 2wd only, nothing in 4wd or right after taking it out of 4wd.
    - Starts around 25 mph becomes constant at 45
    - I have been told that the chain from the t-case to the tranny is rubbing on the t-case
    - The shop also told me that the entire t-case would need to be replaced.
    - I have an automatic 3 speed transmission

Any thoughts on what might be the problem if it is not the t-case chain? Also what would this fix take to do in my garage?
    Just so you know, if it IS the chain, you do NOT have to replace the entire t-case unless the chain screwed something up from being loose. I doubt that's the case. (no pun intended)
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Might it be driveline vibrations? Is your Jeep lifted? Are the brakes good? Could any of the supension brackets be comeing loose? That shop probably wanted to put in a new t-case so they would not have to put the time and labor into tearing into it as with a new crate tranfer-case they can just bolt it in and be assured it is good. Does your philosolphy believe in fighting a battle on the line point by point or just to drop the atom bomb eleminating the situation by bolting up a new transfer case? If you wanted a new transfer case you could just bolt it in your slef too. I would prefer to tear into mine so I could learn something and for teh experience.

Comment

Working...
      X