Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Problem - ahhhh

i was wondering if anybody could help me out with something...yesterday i was playing around a little bit in a mud hole when all of a sudden my oil pressure was gone. i shut it off instantly and waited a bit and checked the oil which was perfect...except it smelled like gas...i started it up again to idle and see if i could get some pressure back-but when it started up there was a little lifter kinda noise. we towed it home and looked a lil bit more didnt see any cracks on the block...everythin else seemed fairly normal other than coolant being slightly low...any suggestions would be awesome...thanx
    sean

Hopefully, your issue is as minor as mine turned out to be, but you have some other symptoms that I am not so sure about. I had my TJ oil pressure go to zero while driving at slow speeds. If I rev'ed high (highway speeds) I would get some pressure but not the normal.

As it turned out, in my case I had a stuck pressure sensor. It cost me an oil change plus a sensor change which totaled to less than $100. I hope your issue is the same but you will need to test the reactions from your Jeep. Be careful.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

If your getting a lifter noise you may not be getting oil preasure meaning the sensor is good. Clogged/broken oil pump? Drop your oil pan and check it out. Thats only my unedumacated guess.
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Definitely check the condition of your oil, preferrably while draining to pull the pan. I had a crack in the water jacket above #4 intake lifter and it wiped out the cam lobe. The crack was very slight at first, such that the oil was barely perceptibly "muddy" looking from contamination with coolant, which I did not recognize until after the problem became worse. I noticed that I was losing a slight amount of coolant occasionally, then took a long trip and it got to the point that the cam was basically gone and it was overheating. I didn't feel too bad considering the engine had ~200k on it, so it got a rebuild.
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I think the problem is in the oil pump or oil switch?

If it's the oil switch, you need to pull the Jeep engine to change the oil pump. Then try to run 5W30 synthetic, it may help.

But anyway your problem is not really a big deal, a lot of people have that problem.

...Goodluck. Hope it may help you.
          Last edited by sarah; 04-26-07, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X