Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JET Powertec Chips?

Been looking at these JET Powertec performance chips... not sure what to think about them. I have never been a fan of "performance chips", most are knockoff crap... but I know JET is a respectable company when it comes to the sport compact racing scene so maybe its worth the try in the Jeep?

Anyone had any experience with them?

link to quadratec page with them
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

I have a Jep Chip in my 4.0 TJ. I'm kinda on the fence. I like the additional power, but it robs the lower end of the power curve to get the power up, and that makes it bad for low range rock crawling, where I like to idle up stuff. I'm pretty sure a 4:1 kit would solve that problem for me, though. But, it really does work as advertised. I can break loose my 35" Krawlers when it's in.

In fact, I just put it back in, because I was intending to take it to the street legal drags at the Perris Auto Speedway, but I decided to revive my BMW instead and take that. I'm always happy with how it drives on the street when it's in. Makes it feel kinda like a hot rod.

I'm sure that, even though the performance gains won't be as good with the 4-cyl, it will still be noticable. Also, the best way to get power back is to re-gear, although that is not an inexpensive option.
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

i have a '00 with the 2.5 and a JET powerchip. i have a coldair intake and TB spacer. i have 31" Mud terrains. i noticed an increase in power. when i added the chip. i had already done the other two mods first.

there is nothing more self gradifying than polishing your turd!

Comment

Working...
      X