Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axles question

What would suit my needs better? A super35 and super 30 Chromoly setup or install 44's? I have 33" tires and am not going to go any bigger on this jeep.

I wheeled locked 30/35 on 33 for about 2 years.Difficult trails in CO..Never broke anything....Depends on your driving style....Well Villa on the board wheels 30/35 open on 35s and he darn near rolls over on every trip. He hasnt broke anything either. I say run them stock replace as needed. It really depends on your budget, If you get a line on some cheep 44s then go for it....but then again upgrading is so much more fun...jimmy
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

A 30 front is fine for 33's even with stock shafts. The R&P is (at least for me) the weak link.

I would try to swap the rear though. Unless you drive super careful and have the luck of the irish, it will break bad at some point. A 44 rear is much stronger. If you do run the 35c make sure you carry spare shafts, always. And run a full locker or limited slip not a ez-locker or insert type.
      I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
      Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Get square headlights :devil:
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

expense wise is it worth it to build a front D44 for some 35s, and maybe 37s in future now, or get a HP30 and build it for now why i still have my TJ for my DD? i guess you can always re-sell your old stuff when you want to upgrade right? how much could i expect to pay for a a front D44?

if i did the hp so i would have several spair items too....this debate goes thorugh my head all the freggin time!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Drivetrain Direct sells ready to go dana 44's for about 2300 ready to bolt in all you have to do is swap on your knuckles and brakes from your 30. You can order them with your choice of locker and gears.
            :wink:

Comment

if the 30 is good to keep up front is it good to put a locker in it arb for example with out breaking itself?

Comment

I had an arb in my 30 for a few years. I broke the 44 arb in the rear but never the front.
                I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
                Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

60/14's rock..............Santa

Comment

Originally posted by medicmahem View Post
                    Drivetrain Direct sells ready to go dana 44's for about 2300 ready to bolt in all you have to do is swap on your knuckles and brakes from your 30. You can order them with your choice of locker and gears.
                    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Don't polish the D35. I broke mine running just 31's, easy on the pedal, and one with a 4 banger and one with a six. And no, I am not hard on my junk.

Comment

Working...
                    X