Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch ?'s

Is putting a new clutch in hard? Cause I just put a new tranny in. We don't have a Transmission jack...so it was a PIA. So I have this feeling I'd have to take the tranny BACK out...so...I have a feeling It'd be another big PIA...any ideas houw much it would cost me to have somebody do it?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

I JUST DID MY CLUTCH YAY I CAN ACTUALLY HELP!!!

well we had a hydrolic lift, and a tranny jack, so that was allright. but you dont even need to move the tranny back, or remove that big skidplate thing underneath, we just did cause we were stupid, and didnt realise that till after. but i dont know if yjs are different underneath, i got my clutch kit for 174 cnd, flywheel machined for 40$cnd, and i got my buddy a 40 of crown royal in exchange for the use of his shop for a day, which was 35 bucks. but its not actaully that hard, just time consumeing.

hope that helps

Comment

I don't know how you don't need to slide the trans back in a TJ... cuz you still need to get the trans shaft out of the disc. So unless they changed the design to something I havent seen... you will need to slide the trans back to install a clutch.

Why didn't you replace the clutch when you replaced the trans? Makes things much easier.
      Yellow 01 Sport
      4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

okay im an idiot, after going under my jeep today to see how everythingweas working out, i realised that i was wrong, you do have to bring the tranny back, but you dont need to remove the skidplate, thats what i was trying to say, im just sutpid, sorry for the false info

Comment

Working...
        X