Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It won't stay in 4-Low

I have a 99 TJ with a 6cyl. This weekend I couldn't get my transfer case to stay in 4-wheel Low. It worked fine the last time I used it two weeks ago. Now everytime I put it in Low, it will pop out of gear. We adjusted the linkage several times to see if the rod had slipped but we could never make it stay in gear. Any ideas?
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Yeah....quit rolling your jeep . lol....or adjust linkage when in the avatar position.
    Lotta help I am. I dont know. Not much to check outside the transfer case.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

I had the same problem with my stock t-case linkage. It was mostly due to the BL and worn out parts. I bought the Advance Adapters linkage relocation bracket, installed and properly adjusted it. Now it shifts great and stays in 4 low. Its only $35 and fixes alot of the problems associated with the stock t-case linkage.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
        I had the same problem with my stock t-case linkage. It was mostly due to the BL and worn out parts. I bought the Advance Adapters linkage relocation bracket, installed and properly adjusted it. Now it shifts great and stays in 4 low. Its only $35 and fixes alot of the problems associated with the stock t-case linkage.
        Thanks Chris. I just looked on Quadtratec, JC Whitney, and 4WD.com and couldn't find a linkage relo kit. Where did you buy yours?

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
          Yeah....quit rolling your jeep . lol....or adjust linkage when in the avatar position.
          Lotta help I am. I dont know. Not much to check outside the transfer case.
          Hey, what can I say? When you do stupid things....:bonk:
          You learn from your lessons and then UPGRADE! :gun:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
            Thanks Chris. I just looked on Quadtratec, JC Whitney, and 4WD.com and couldn't find a linkage relo kit. Where did you buy yours?
            www.advanceadapters.com

edit: More specifically: http://eshop.advanceadapters.com/com...523-715523.htm
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Wow Chris! Now that is some serious customer service on your part. All I had to do was click "Add to Cart".

Thanks for not pointing out that I forgot to search for the company directly. :dunno:

Since they are in California, I should have this soon. Thanks for the lead and the advice. Hopefully this will do the trick.

[/COLOR]

Comment

The directions really suck, so post up if you need info. It took me a couple read of them to understand WTF they were talking about.
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Ha! When the dealer was fixing my tranny under warranty, they didn't put the adapter back on the underbelly (for my 1" bl) had the same problem you did: I just used some BIG ASS washers. Lot cheaper
                  Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Working...
                  X