Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new new new!

So I decided to go with a 4" Lift on my jeep and me and a friend put it on last week. I ordered my Eagle Alloy 15x10 wheels and went with the 33x12.50 tires I think it is going to look awesome. My project for this weekend coming up is installing a new timing chain. I purchased the timing chain, the tensioner, seal gasket, and oil pan gasket. Does anyone have any helpful tips or similar experiences with doing this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

not really a tip...but a question....What gearing are you running? 33's on a 2.5? Goodbye 5th gear! ...and most of 4th
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

4.88s is next step its not a big deal its not my daily driver its just for fun and one day after I finish college its gonna get a 4.0

Comment

I hear that, my '91 will have a 304, just as soon as I find a motor, and a T5 that'll bolt to it.
        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

It was the timing chain that was causing the motor to tick when idling but that is changed out now it was not to bad of a project. I put my 33s on and it looks great and the the highway ride is not bad either I can run in 5th just drop down to 4th on the hills so im happy with the decesion.

Comment

Working...
          X