Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny going out??

Ok, Lets first say I am completely new with the jeep scene and 4x4's. I just bought a 1991 Jepp Cherokee Laredo. It is in really good shape and I only paid 1300 for it. I notice today while driving it though, when it shifts into the higher gears, it seems to hesitate a little. It will like kick itsef into nuetral for a split second and then shift. Also when ever I brake hard for instance at a stop light, when I go again there will be a clunk in the rear. I am totally clueless right now. I want to lift it up and put some tires on it, but I dont want to spen a bunch of money on it and then have a tranny go out.

Let me know what you think,
    Anthony

First off, congrats on the new jeep, and welcome to the jeep lifestyle!

this is the short wheelbase area(wrangler's, CJ's, willys) but the drivetrains are alike in cherokee's and wranglers. Sounds like bad news if it's hesitating and klunking, but to be honest, automatics aren't my strong suite. worst comes to worst though, i know you can pick up an AX-15 (the manual that comes with the 4.0) for around 600 bucks at a junk yard, and you've got a good looking and running jeep for under 2 grand!

Hope you get the answers you're looking for man!

Comment

Working...
    X