Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44/60 swap or

Okay build gurus what to do?

I have new 05 unlimited 4.0 auto, blah blah…………So my question is do you think it would be better to
    A. steal 44/60 Dana 300 of my 82 and swap them into the Lj, sell the Dana 30/44 to pay for the brackets for the suspension
    B. sell the 44/60 combo and just find a set of rubi 44s and be done.

The 44/60s are locked alloyed and geared already, Dana 300 is built!
    I say I wont wheel this as hard as the scrambler was going to be. But I just love the hard lines, and I fall to peer pressure…..Allen
    The build won’t be a problem either way,
    Strip the 44/60 3link front with pan hard bar. Air shocks, and go with coils and 4 link rear
    Mind you this will be a daily driver for awhile but I am 10 miles round trip.
    So any suggestions, do don’ts would be appreciated

And yes I realize this will void pretty much every warranty
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

You know once you start to wheel it youll always want to go bigger...
    IMO I would stick with option A. Keep the 44/60 and D300 and throw it under the LJ.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

hey what ever you feel like lifting
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

oh you know me, i carry 160lbs of concrete across the home depot parking lot
        but what do i know haha, wait for other replies. Theres good and bad to both setups.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Well since apparently no one else has any say in the matter...

Option A. steal 44/60 Dana 300 of my 82 and swap them into the Lj, sell the Dana 30/44 to pay for the brackets for the suspension

Pros
          1) You have completly built axles
          2) You dont have to worry about breaking them on pretty much anything
          3) You dont have to search for new/different axles
          4) You have a built transfercase
          5) You can start working now
          6) THe coolness factor is WAY HIGHER with this setup

Cons
          1) Heavy and maybe overkill for what your wheeling (Not likely I know you)
          2) These axles are worth alot. Keeping them, you could loose out on some potential extra money.
          3) Your 82 will be sitting with no axles
          4) You now have to pay for the brackets
          5) Now your making custom suspension

Option B. sell the 44/60 combo and just find a set of rubi 44s and be done.

Pros
          1) Your gonna make money from selling the axles. This will give you more than enough to buy the new ones and still buy me Del Taco for helping you out.
          2) The Rubi 44s are locked and ready to rock
          3) the Rubi 44s are ready for bolt in, no welding, no cuting, no nothing, unbolt and bolt day job.
          4) The 44s wil give you the ability to wheel a great deal with out worrying baout breakage.
          5) You can buy a suspension setup from a known manufacturer.

Cons
          1) Theyre weaker then your 44/60 combo
          2) Youll no longer have the built D300 Transfer case
          3) You need to replace the shafts with stronger ones cause we know theyre not that good.
          4) The covers arent strong, youll have to upgrade to some better diff covers
          5) The coolness factor is not there. You could have just bought a rubi...

There you go if i can think of anything else ill let you know. Maybe ill spark some damn convo with my little list...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Allen great pro and cons! Thanks
            Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

I also think you should sell me your front Dana 44 and get the Rubicon 44's. The brackets are already setup for your suspension. You can beef them up with stronger axles shafts.

Comment

Im not too sure about that last one... lol

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

If i sell the axles I perfer to sell as a pair...Allen everything is for sale...i found a nice 60/14 bolt combo sooooo...hmmmmmm
                  Last edited by jimmyrig; 03-01-07, 12:34 PM. Reason: fix spelling
                  Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

soo your gonna buy those for me and swap them on the XJ. thats the setup i just decided... and your gonna keep the 44/60.

Dont worry ill pay you back when i can...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

and a sick 44/44 alloyed combo with brackets for a link suspension on it

So I mayjust sell you that axle Its not cheep as the axle is WAY BUILT
                      CTM, alloy shafts, btf cover, High steer arms, warn hubs, every way you can think to build a 44 strong it has,
                      Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

if you sell your 30/44 can i buy the 44...lol

Comment

Benny the 44 will be for sale that is for sure
                          Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

well if you part out these axle let us know on the for sale section. i could use some more spairs if you part out that 30. good luck with the build

one thing that wasnt mentioned, what size tires will you be running? Also custom suspension, and big tires will need a lot of fab work. get that plasma out and start cuttin!
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

ehhh jimmy "doesnt want to go bigger" he'll probably stay at 33-35 tire wise. (for now...)

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X