Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 44 Axles

Does anyone have the exact amount or the oil capacity in Quarts, that goes in a dana 44. I put on a rockcrusher cover and the fill hole is higher. By filling it to the new fill hole it is over full and pushing fluid out of the vent. This is for a rubicon unlimited axles,, thanks
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

put it on level ground and set the oil level high enough to keep the pinion bearing wet.
    My 8.8 vents a little oil; I deal with it
    '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
      Does anyone have the exact amount or the oil capacity in Quarts, that goes in a dana 44. I put on a rockcrusher cover and the fill hole is higher. By filling it to the new fill hole it is over full and pushing fluid out of the vent. This is for a rubicon unlimited axles,, thanks
      2 quarts on a low pinion axle. I learned this the hard way on some rock crusher covers I installed a while back for a guy as well.
      It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

id say what ever stays in is righ lol but what do i know i'm a dodge fan if its not leaking its out LOL

Comment

The hole in the Rockcrusher cover is about 1.5 -2 inches higher than stock. Your first two knuckles are about that long, so if your fingers aren't the size of kielbasa, fill the diff until your pinky finger bent into the hole gets just a drip of oil on the tip of it. That puts the level at the hight of the stock hole, give or take a finger tip. I do mine that way and never vent fluid.

Rat
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            The hole in the Rockcrusher cover is about 1.5 -2 inches higher than stock. Your first two knuckles are about that long, so if your fingers aren't the size of kielbasa, fill the diff until your pinky finger bent into the hole gets just a drip of oil on the tip of it. That puts the level at the hight of the stock hole, give or take a finger tip. I do mine that way and never vent fluid.
            Rat
            Kurt that is the most precise way ive ever seen! Im doing mine like that from now on. Thanks for the tip. haha
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
            X