Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle questions

under my tj i have the stock 30 and 35 with 30 spline cromo shafts and 4.88 and arbs... i'm runing 35 in tires. but i want to go up to 37s this summer.. now i know theres a ton of different axle combinations that i can do but i dont want to go over kill cause most of the trails i do in MI are lose dirt and tight trails but i have done some rocks and have a few trips planned for the badlands in IN so i need something that wont blow up there... and im keeping my 35s cause my dad likes to go on the jeep jamboree's cause hes been going to those sense hes had his CJ.. so what ive been thinking are wither some good 44s or maybe some high pinion 9s.. so im asking what do you guys think i should do...

I'd say you're overdue for an axle upgrade as it is! Running 35's with what sounds like a 'super 35' rear; I'm suprised it hasn't failed on you yet. Use the search tool and there will be a LOT of past threads that address this topic.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

IMO if i were you id just keep your 30 and do a 44 in the rear. It will hold up for what your wheeling.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?t=8058&page=2
        Heres Allen's discussion on his rebuild. I agree with 'jimmyrig', just put in the one tons(d60) and be done with it.
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

ok so now if i were to run 60s what about ground clearence.

Comment

37s and 60s should be ok,

Originally posted by benny View Post
            ok so now if i were to run 60s what about ground clearence.

Comment

37's + 60's = no problems

I think that's what Jeff [Old Fart] runs on his rig.

X'2 XJKevin
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yup..... going to need to learn the tricks to get a 60 under my rig. So research is in order for me as well.... length of axle, housing adjustments.... hmmmmm
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ighlight=axels

Heres the post where Jeff talks about his 60.
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                  X