Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark

I have an 86 CJ7 with a 6Cyl. (258) that died on me while idling in the drive way,and now won't start.Thanks to some of my "mechanic friends" , I have replaced the distributor, and the coil.But Im still not getting any spark.Unfortunately,Im not wealthy,and can't really afford to take it to a shop (not that I would anyway lol).I had an earlier post stating a "low voltage".But I have since become enlightened by Chiltons,and found that I was going down the wrong path.Has anyone had a similar situation that could possibly give me some advice.I've also had another person tell me I should switch over to an "HEI" ignition instead of the SSI ignition I have now.If ya live near me,I'll even supply the beer for some REAL help!!!

You checked the plugs? You may have fouled them out somehow. How you may have fouled all six of them out beats me, but you should check them
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

Yes.I have put new plugs,fuel filter,and new wires.

Comment

Tried checking the CPS? That happened to me had low voltage and then wouldnt crank anymore. also possibly the TPS...
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I know nothing about your year. But does it have a crankshaft position sensor? They seem to ruin lots of trips on the newer Jeeps.
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

I think my problem was the ECM box.I just tried the "Nutter Bypass",and it cranked right.It seems to be burning a little rich.So Im gonna go back and verify that I followed everything correctly.But it is idling better than it has in quite a while.Thanks for everyones input,and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
            X