Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• np231 problem, not in linkage

my tc keeps kickin me out of 4hi and 4lo, its not in the linkage because when i unhooked it, manually engaged 4wd and spun the tires (with one front and one rear jacked up) it STILL kicked it back out and if i held it in place i could feel it like catching on something (hand on the crescent wrench on the shift lever) any ideas? im going to the tranny shop tomorrow, but if by chance it might be an easy fix (ive opened the tcase twice now with supervision to make sure i do it right) id like to do it myself. maybe the fork or something is bent?!? i dont know, so any ideas would be appreciated. this weekend was my first jeep run so i never noticed it poppin out before. i found a semi-decent view of an exploded t-case diagram, another would be a HUGE help, (im investing in a FSM, but its not here yet- theyre expensive, and im jeeping on limited budget) thanks!!!

anybody here?

Comment

PM me your email address and I can forward you some diagrams that I got from Mark (guardian7) when I had my t-case problems

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavison View Post
        anybody here?
        yeah, were here, well at least I am, but I dont know the answer to your problem. I am, however, very curious to what you find out. Hopefully you could post your discoveries, or maybe 'Big V' could shed some light on the potential problem.

Bob
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

How many miles are on your rig with this tc?

I have a friend that had to replace the chain in his. His whole jeep would jump when he was in 4hi or 4lo. The chain was stretched and was poping on the gears. Once he replaced the chain, all was good.

I think he paid about $100.00 for a new chain.

Todd
          Navy-Jeepster
          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Do you drive an automatic or manual. I dunno...my dad's automatic tranny has trouble with the tc every now and again, while I never really have problems with mine, and i've got 157k miles on the original tranny and tc. He's got...maybe 40k?
            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

welli took the tc apart finally after finding a couple diagrams on the np231. and there was a few things not put together right after the last person took it completely apart (probably me). when we took it apart my buddy that was helping me told me it was a "slide-something" that was in backwards and would not the the tcase fully engage. then i ordered a AA linkage bracket, and now everything is great, shifts smooth and runs great.

Comment

glad you got it fixed

Comment

Thanks for the follow up. Always something to learn here, this time from you.

Bob
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                  X