Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injecting a 258...

I have been kicking around the idea of buying injection for my CJ7 to untimately solve my carburated woes... and get rid of all the smog BS under the hood AND still be CA legal.

I know they cost about a grand, but what can I expect to pay as far as installation costs? I live in an apartment complex which pretty much limits me to not working on my Jeep at all, ever.

I dont think I would want to take this on anyways. Im sure it would be much better looked after by a professional.

_cheers
    1983 CJ-7, I bought her when I was 15, she's my baby

All I can say is do alot of searches on the web and different boards and find out what you want to do. You can find a good used 4.0 for less than a grand but you have to change some things to include the computer. I talked to someone who did the Howell injecter swap and was very happy with it. May be the easiest route.
    http://www.sierrajeep.com/howell.htm
    Last edited by paulhead; 01-23-07, 11:34 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I'm very happy with the Howell TBI on my 258. Don't know what to tell you about cost for installation.
      I have a Jeep

Comment

Hey, I'm gonna be doing the howell soon. Waiting for my bonus, which comes early April. I plan on doing it myself. Online instructions seem very straight forward and rather simple. If you haven't done yours yet, you're more than welcome to "assist" with mine, and see how easy it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
          Hey, I'm gonna be doing the howell soon. Waiting for my bonus, which comes early April. I plan on doing it myself. Online instructions seem very straight forward and rather simple. If you haven't done yours yet, you're more than welcome to "assist" with mine, and see how easy it is.
          hey cool, Im game.... keep me posted as far ahead of schedule as you can! I have busy weekends...there are lots of places to ride out there...

1983 CJ-7, I bought her when I was 15, she's my baby

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboysfc View Post
            I'm very happy with the Howell TBI on my 258. Don't know what to tell you about cost for installation.
            word to you brother.. haha.. i have the same thing on my 258 and it is awesome.. runs on its side.. haha really worth the money IMO
            therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

I did the howell kit about 2 weeks ago. Very simple, vacum lines were abit of a pain. Bustedjeep.com has a good write up.Go for it. Also gm hei upgrade will help, that will be my next project.

Comment

I did the Afordable Fuel Injection install last year. Very easy. All parts from a V-6 Chevrolet Blazer. Ran great in high altitude. Not Cal legal thought. Mine is a 68 so no smog needed.

Comment

Working...
                X