Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britain View Post
    Atlas is cool. Lots of people dont use the advatage of having the ability to lock in only the front and leave the back open.

Some bad off camber stuff where you need to drag your front into position some TC wont allow that. It has kept me on my feet and not my head....
    Thinking about it, I have always wanted an Atlas so I will just have to wait it out. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be a while and I will have to miss TDS. I was hoping to go and meet some of the MJR folks that were there. I may get lucky and have the Jeep ready in time, but I am not counting on it to minimize my dissapointment.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
      Thinking about it, I have always wanted an Atlas so I will just have to wait it out. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be a while and I will have to miss TDS. I was hoping to go and meet some of the MJR folks that were there. I may get lucky and have the Jeep ready in time, but I am not counting on it to minimize my dissapointment.
      you get an atlas you will be happy. if you get the 4 spd you will be stoked!
      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
      WEB site

Comment

My buddy has the 4-speed, absolutly loves it. I want it, just can't afford it!
        That's a BIG rock!

Comment

I just got one recently-7wks not 8-10 I was quoted.So there seems to be a large improvement in delivery times.I went with the 2.0--2.72--5.44 ratios.Hoping this will allow a 4.0 to run rocks and sand hills as the 4:1 I have now low is too low & high is too high for sand.I guess I'll find out soon.
          99TJ

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the new Atlas 4 speed transfer case? I seem to be in need of a new transfer case after last weekend, or doing some pretty extensive repairs to my existing Dana 300.
            Hey Brian, I thought that you were already running an Atlas. ???? What happened last weekend?
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
              Hey Brian, I thought that you were already running an Atlas. ???? What happened last weekend?
              This is an old thread. Yes, I am indeed running the 4 speed, and I love it. I have some great pictures from the weekend at the Hammers I wasthinking of starting a thread as trail report for all to see, but I am not real good at posting pics on this site.

So we ran Jack Hammer (reverse direction, up the canyon) to the mail box/sign post, and then ran back out on Sledge Hammer. We had some really nice Jeeps with us, and a few excellent drivers. Penny made it through with a small scratch (about 1 inch) on her rear fender. What an incredible run, especially at nite time.

I think Mr. Green could tackle Jack and Claw without too much trouble. Might stack a few rocks, or even us a tug or two...........but that is not something that would keep you off a trail. When it cools off we should grab Rat and few others and head on out.

Comment

I haven't done any of the JV trails yet, but if you think Mr. Green can even come close to making it on the trails that you mentioned, I am SOOOoo IN for a run. Plus, ya know that I think Mr. Green has a 'thing' for Penny, so if there is a tug or two, I seriously doubt that he will will have many complaints! :wink:
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Mike, I do think Mr Green could give those trails a good run. It would be interesting to get Kurt's opinion on the matter. Mr Green is on 33s is he not? 33s with lockers and your driving skills should make short work of Claw Hammer and even Sledge Hammer. There is enough to do in JV to warrant an overnight trip some time.

Comment

Fun in the Desert is just a few weeks away guys, we'll see you out there!
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Mike, I do think Mr Green could give those trails a good run. It would be interesting to get Kurt's opinion on the matter. Mr Green is on 33s is he not? 33s with lockers and your driving skills should make short work of Claw Hammer and even Sledge Hammer. There is enough to do in JV to warrant an overnight trip some time.

Mr. Green at JV huh? Sounds like an interesting weekend!
                      Mike, you'll want to go to the link here and review the trail requirements. Mr. Green is a little under wieght for some of those trails, but you know I've seen you drive so I give fair odds of getting Mr. Green through a couple of those trails. I don't think Sledge would be one of them though. Expect body damage, and you Will need tugs... I'll be there when you want to run, mi wench es su wench... and yeah, I know it's spelled WINCH

http://mysite.verizon.net/res8w168/f...xiv/index.html
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sledge might provide Mr. Green with some real challenges, but there are other trails he could surely do. If'n you have Malachi behind the wheel, and Rat spotting, I think you have a good combination for some fun in JV. Count me in!

Comment

Sledge might provide Mr. Green with some real challenges, but there are other trails he could surely do. If'n you have Malachi behind the wheel, and Rat spotting, I think you have a good combination for some fun in JV. Count me in!
                          I just think the body damage might be a little more than Sharon is going to be willing to put up with... odervize, ist good bet dat Herr Malachi vud do vell in zee JV...
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                          X