Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slip yoke eliminator a CV Drive Shaft

Just put on a 3.5" lift, want to install a slip yoke eliminator and a cv driveshaft, my question is: what are good ones to buy (if there is a choice) as far as quality goes and keeping the cost low as possible?

I have the Rubicon Express Hack N' Tap SYE I think its the cheapest SYE IIRC, and i have a rubicon express CV DS. Most people say tom Woods DS' are the best or JE Reels.
    Other SYEs are Advance Adapters and RE HD SYE.
    I know people that have used all theses and theyve all held up great.

RE Hack N' Tap P/N: 1801 $189.95
    RE CV DS P/N: RE1898 $294.95

If you do decide to do RE i can get them a little cheaper so let me know...
    Last edited by swbooking; 01-18-07, 10:43 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Allens re kit is pretty good price a few shops like 4x4rockshop and offroadtoystore sell kits with a driveshaft and sye. I run the tom woods and the AA sye but that came with the lift. You should check into adjustable upper arms as you may need them to adjust the pinion angle.

Comment

You can get the sye from PORC for $170 shipped.
        <><
        4x4him.org

Comment

i have an advance adapters sye and ive had no problems.it was a descent kit ,had everything i needed and its pretty easy to install if youre mechanically inclined.

Comment

The AA SYE kit is the best one out there, but you pay for it. The RE hack and tap is ok, too. I know severall people who abuse that setup regularly with no problems.

I've been getting my driveshafts from Tattons Driveline in Utah. Great guy to do business with, and the prices are unbeatable. I have one of his driveshafts in my Jeep now, and it's holding up just fine.

Mine was a CV driveshaft built to my spec for $295 shipped overnight to my door.
            '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Working...
            X