Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 327 swap

Hi, i have a 97 tj with a stock 2.5L and a stock 5spd, I also have a 327 crate motor, how hard is it to swap those out? is there a kit? do i need to get a new tranny and axles and transfer case or is my stock stuff strong enough? im not very mechanical, i can weld and do minor fabrication, exactly how much is needed for this kind of swap? if anyone has any info i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hurricane

V8 swaps are highly detailed on the net, spend some time searching (that's the good news)

Bad news - the entire driveline will have to go...
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

thanks for the info

thanks for the help, how hard is it to get 1ton axles into a jeep? i think my buddy has some lying around.

Comment

Depends on the length of the axles and the placement of the pumpkin. If you can have some shafts made and the axle housings modified to where the pumpkin will line up with the driveshaft (Front or rear), than welding spring perches and shock mounts are a piece of cake ^.^
        It's the initial time and mney to get the axles and the housings to WORK that's a PITA

But don't let that discourage you ^.^
        Stronger axles and a stronger motor is never a bad thing...unless your lead foot has the weight of anti-matter. (Physics Joke...)
        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

On a YJ one ton axles are easy to swap in.
          On the front just measure the center of the spring pads and see if they match your spring hangers.
          As long as they are within an inch,you can just bolt them up,anymore and you will need to relocat your spring mounts on the frame.
          Then just weld on some new shock mount tabs.
          On the rear just cut the old spring pads off and weld on new ones the same width as your rear prings.
          I would also say that if doing a axle swap with one tons,might as well go SOA too.
          Don.

Comment

Working...
          X