Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double U Joint binding up

over the last 6 months my tranny has been taken out and replaced and I have had my axle out and rebuilt. A while after I was back on the road again I started hearing a bumping consistant with the tire rotation of acceleration so I looked into it a little and the double u joint at the top of my rear driveshalf is hitting the yoke out of the tranny when it loads up. Everything was unbolted and put right back into the same spot so I can not see how any of the angles would have changes...all of my bolts are tight so I was wondering what may be causing it to hit itself and the yoke?

Originally posted by ChrisD View Post
    over the last 6 months my tranny has been taken out and replaced and I have had my axle out and rebuilt. A while after I was back on the road again I started hearing a bumping consistant with the tire rotation of acceleration so I looked into it a little and the double u joint at the top of my rear driveshalf is hitting the yoke out of the tranny when it loads up. Everything was unbolted and put right back into the same spot so I can not see how any of the angles would have changes...all of my bolts are tight so I was wondering what may be causing it to hit itself and the yoke?
    what kind of angle is on the pinion yoke u-joint?
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Working...
    X