Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
    I'm pretty sure you should'nt run an SYE without a lift. Even so because of the angle you'd probably have to lengthen the shaft when you do add a lift kit.
    The shafts expand a little over 3" at the slip joint I believe. I doubt that's more than you'd need when flexing. The shaft should work for a range of probably around a 2" difference in lift height, the question is, does it work with no lift to around 2" of lift, or 2-4" of lift, or am I way off??? This is the type of thing that David at Northridge, or Tom Woods (as somebody else suggested) would be best qualified to answer.

I'm guessing the right shaft could work with and without a lift kit, the question is, what shaft is that? One of these "generic" kits, or a special order one? If so, he might need a new shaft after lifting, but at least he'd already have the SYE in his transfer case!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

i talked to the guy at northridge and he said the kit will work i will just have to measure from yoke to yoke and he will make me a drive shaft and send it to me
      [COLOR="DarkOrange"][LEFT]2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0
      2 Inch Suspension, 3 Inch Body
      33 Inch Buckshot Maxxis Mudders
      on 15 Inch Pacer Sawblades 3 3/4" backspacing[/LEFT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyJeep01 View Post
        i talked to the guy at northridge and he said the kit will work i will just have to measure from yoke to yoke and he will make me a drive shaft and send it to me

David's a really nice guy! My order got a tiny bit messed up and he was going to pay $82 to have my shaft shipped overnight! He threw in a free t-shirt too. I told him I wasn't in a hurry, so save the shipping and just send it ground. He was greatful, but I didn't need it in a hurry, so no biggie!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I got mine from these guys, kit was easy to deal with

http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/
          The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

JB conversions all the way. Last time I checked the original kit was on sale for $200. If you can use it it is damn good.

I went from hack and tap, to JB standard to JB super short. I really liked the JB standard length kit.
            I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
            Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Working...
            X