Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
    I see... well, I need to re-evaluate my list of needed tools, and weigh my options. Elusive, would you mind if I sat in on a gear job some time? I can bring beer, or pizza or something. I'd like to see a gear setup from start to finish before starting mine. I've torn apart an axle (and I'm about to tear into a second) and parts wise, I've got it down. I'd like to make sure I'm doing everything right with the shims and checking preload, backlash, contact pattern, etc.
    Hey!!! I wanna watch too!!! More and more beer and wine to boot.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Sounds like a party! Ill be there
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

wine comes easy here. I live just about in the middle of Temeculas wine country.
        A gear job takes 2 of us about 8 hours using air tools.
        We set them up for $200 each if it's out of the jeep.
        We actually met when you got the wheels, but you havent seen my garage yet!
        If you really want to learn to do gears, bring the jeep and parts and $300 and I'l help you do it in my garage. This means you get to do most of the work and I help. You use all my tools, and it's assured to go well ( I have plenty of spare bearings, shims, etc)

again, theres a time problem though. I have to go on another little trip for uncle sam Jan-Feb and I am pretty busy till then.
        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Sounds good, well set this shiz up. Wasent that your garage? we were standing in where that TJ is at with like the HP60 in front?
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I'm in no hurry if I'm invited too... I don't plan on actually doing my R&P until next year anyways. I'm paying for a wedding/honeymoon, and still need to get the axle, parts, etc. Thanks Elusive! (Chris, right?)
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
            X