Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Trans behind a 258

I have a 1974 CJ-5 with a 258 enginge. I belive it has the T-18 transmission in it now. (4 speed) I was wondering if there's an automatic transmission that will hook-up to it and about what could I expect to pay for one.
    thanks
    Dave

You could have the Th-400 ; 727 w/a 4" lift; 999 behind the 258.

I maybe swaping out my 304 w/ (11,250 miles on the rebuild) a 258 soon cause I want more torque & it will have the Th-400 behind it.
    It's been said & possible documented that the Th-400 uses 12 to 17 % of the engines power etc. (i.e. power loss raito).

I will be using my MSD ignition & MC-2100 on the 6 banger w/a cam & ported / polished also.

Which cam to get ??????????????????? ( may need a little help w/that).

RollBar
    84' CJ8-Project Jeep
    86' CJ7; A/C; 258 I-6; T-176; D-44rear; D-300; 66,500 original miles.
    http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jbsgroup/Jeep%20Pics/?action=view&slideshow=true
    www.jeepersjeepclub.com

O)IIIIII(O

www.street2mud.com

Comment

Thanks for the response Rollbar,
      I'm not real sure I'll be makeing the change from my T-18 to the auto, but I'm collecting my research. Personally when it comes to rock climbing I like the auto trans.........but again standard vs. auto both have their pro's and cons.
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper Creeper
        ......but again standard vs. auto both have their pro's and cons.
        Dave

Ya I Know, the 79' I have is my first auto & there is pro's & con's but I think I'm starting to like the pro's allot more.

RollBar
        84' CJ8-Project Jeep
        86' CJ7; A/C; 258 I-6; T-176; D-44rear; D-300; 66,500 original miles.
        http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jbsgroup/Jeep%20Pics/?action=view&slideshow=true
        www.jeepersjeepclub.com

O)IIIIII(O

www.street2mud.com

Comment

Working...
        X