Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 44 kit

Is anybody running this set-up? Good/Bad? I am looking to upgrade my rear axle and this seems like a good way to go.

Thanks,
    That's a BIG rock!

Why?? What is wrong with what you got??? Have you tried Alloy USA chromolly shafts??? Nothing wrong with a D44, if you are upgrading then do an axle swap with a 9".
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Knock on wood, my stock D44 has help up great for the past couple years . . . even out at JV. I'm still running the stock shafts. I don't see a reason to upgrade to the Super 44.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

But it has "Super" in the name...
        That's a BIG rock!

Comment

for the cost... i dont think it is worth it.. you could build up a dana 60 for comparable prices... just my .02
          therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

I twisted the splines on 3 TJ d-44 shafts, but then I installed superior shafts for $265 a couple years ago. so far so good, and this was from friday:
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Cool pic, That sounds like a good alternative. Cheaper too!:thumbs_up
              That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
                I twisted the splines on 3 TJ d-44 shafts, but then I installed superior shafts for $265 a couple years ago. so far so good, and this was from friday:

WOW!! would love to see how you got out of that one!!
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

BOOM!
                  I thought I better update this post. I blew up a shaft this weekend on the doran waterfall. The shafts I have are not the new evo shafts. It is a warranty item and I'll see if I can pay a little extra to upgradde top the evo shafts.

Comment

ouch! were you having fun when they broke!
                    That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Boom!!!!!

Originally posted by Bachman View Post
                      ouch! were you having fun when they broke!
                      bummer.
                      I broke the other side this weekend at the hammers. I think when the other side broke it waekened this one. Too bad it took out my ARB this time.

Comment

bummer.
                        I broke the other side this weekend at the hammers. I think when the other side broke it waekened this one. Too bad it took out my ARB this time.
                        it sucks when that happens
                        are your fuses not working?
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

bummer.
                          Holy Crap! You just blew up more $$$$ parts than I have on my whole Jeep! J.E.E.P Dig that picture though. Looks like it was worth it.

Kurt
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

fuses? in the rear?
                            the splies exploded and took out the seal housing. The ARB cross pin also broke into 3 pieces. The cross pin is $19 and the seal housing is $120. the seals are $22 and bearings are $50. The ait coupler is $40 so it will cost me about $270 to repair the ARB. Thats not bad for a locker I have been hammering for 5 years.
                            The axle shaft is a warranty item, but I still have to ship it for $15 and the new wheel bearing and seal is about $50. That means I'm up to $295 in repairs.
                            Last night I noticed that the gears are wasted. They must have eaten up some shattered axle bits. Add another $190 for gears and install kit.
                            $520 for a failed part thats going to get replaced for "free".

To add insult to injury, the ARB compressor stopped working right after the axle shaft popped so I didn't have any wheels turning in the rear, and only 1 in the front. This was less than amusing on aftershock at night in single digit temps....Especially with a friend behind me that blew his front gears apart and broke his rear output yoke.

Comment

my bad. i was thinking in terms of the super 30.
                              that sounds like a rough day on aftershock. did that trail get hard or something?
                              was it just the two of you trying to get through there in 2wd?
                              sounds like HELL.
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X