Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 208 Am

I have a t-case from an 82 Wagoneer. The tag says "208 AM". It's identical to the NP-208 behind my Ford C-6, except it has a fixed yoke instead of a slip yoke and the input shaft spline count is 23 vs 31 in the NP-208. My quesion is, can I take the input shaft from the NP-208 and use it in the 208 AM? (They're the same outside diameter.) That way I'd have a fixed yoke on the back of my t-case and could use a CV driveshaft. Any t-case gurus out there who can help me with this answer?
    4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.
    COMING SOON: EFI Ford 5.0, C-6, NP-208 and 82 Jeep Wagoneer axles....
    hand me that hammer, I think I can make it fit....

Re: 208 Am

Originally posted by rick90yj
    I have a t-case from an 82 Wagoneer. The tag says "208 AM". It's identical to the NP-208 behind my Ford C-6, except it has a fixed yoke instead of a slip yoke and the input shaft spline count is 23 vs 31 in the NP-208. My quesion is, can I take the input shaft from the NP-208 and use it in the 208 AM? (They're the same outside diameter.) That way I'd have a fixed yoke on the back of my t-case and could use a CV driveshaft. Any t-case gurus out there who can help me with this answer?
    I would imagine so, but dont quote me on that. As long as the dimentions are the same, I dont see why if wouldnt work. Good Luck!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

If you can find the back issue, either 4wd&offroad or JP ran an article about a year or so ago detailing all the various transfer cases from old spicer 18's to dana 20's to the various np's & nv's and even some borg-warners (found in some fords). that article went into some detail as to shaft sizes, spline counts, low range ratios, case material, etc. I'll check if I still have that issue and relay the details.
      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Back issues...

I REALLY appreciate you looking. I've been playing with the two cases, and the shafts appear to be the same other than spline count.
        4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.
        COMING SOON: EFI Ford 5.0, C-6, NP-208 and 82 Jeep Wagoneer axles....
        hand me that hammer, I think I can make it fit....

Comment

Back Issues of JP

I'm very sorry, but all of last year's issues have been disposed of to make room for more baby clothes & such. Ah well, maybe you can get back issues from Primedia. Sorry...
          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
          X