Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best clutch and where to get it

Hey,

I'm puttin a new clutch in my 93 XJ when I fix the input bearing... I was just wondering what a good clutch is to put in it and where the best place would be to get it. Thanks.

Ryan
    From PA or the East?? Check us out at www.814x4.com.

NOW, THIS IS OPEN FOR DEBATE... I BOUGHT MINE FROM
    www.dialaclutch.com they sell the oem brand, which is LUK. soposed to be the best, and for the one that came with the jeep... i'd have to sgree, but the one i just put in there... nope.
    i wish i had gone with the centerforce, or the high performance LUK clutch. this thing really let me down at calico. granted, i was in a bad position where the jeep was really jammed into a wedged in spot, but i had the clutch completely engagued and had no wheel motiopn, and this is with less than 1000 miles on the new clutch. i'm betting that there are now hot spots all over this thing, and will need to be replaced again in short order. i dont have experience with any of the other "high performance" clutches, but i think my next one will be a centerforce, or the high end luk.
    hope this helps
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Ram Power-Grip clutch from Summit Racing Equipment http://www.SummitRacing.com

Comment

I run a centerforce II in my truck. I had alot of problems with alot of brands of clutches prior to the centerforce, and none with the c/f. It has been installed for about 8 years now, and is still working great.

Just be sure you re-surface your flywheel when you install it. Also make sure that EVERYTHING is strait (don't overlook the ears of the throw out bearing fork), lined up correctly, and not worn out. A seemingly small thing (like a worn ear on the t/o fork) can cause problems (trust me--I know).
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

We run Mcleod in our race cars . . . they hold 600+ hp just fine. Mcleod
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
          X