Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak Dana35

So I keep Hearing that comparatively, the Dana35 is a weak axle. SO, keeping my axle, is there anyway to possibly beef it up? Cause I'm sure it would be more expensive to put a D44, than possibly swap out the axle shafts to a possibly stronger 30 spline? Any reccomendations?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Check out Superior axles. They have a super 35 kit that will beef it up.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Invest in an Ford 8.8. This thread can go on forever...........again.
      Do a search. Heres some help Click with sound
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy
        So I keep Hearing that comparatively, the Dana35 is a weak axle. SO, keeping my axle, is there anyway to possibly beef it up? Cause I'm sure it would be more expensive to put a D44, than possibly swap out the axle shafts to a possibly stronger 30 spline? Any reccomendations?
        I installed axle shafts, gears, locker only to break the welds and pull the axle tubes out of the housing.

I was very happy when I finally dumped the D35 and moved on...you will be too!!
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I am still running my d35. I have beat it quite a bit, but I have open diff and 31" tires. I want 35s but will not put them on till I have more of an axle under there.

My suggestion wonderboy is to keep the tire size down, dont invest any money into the 35, and finally when you have the time and $$ put a beefier axle on there.
          I have a Jeep

Comment

I probably won't keep my YJ. I'll probably invest in a TJ, or a CJ7 just because of the parts availabilities. Oddly enough, even though the YJ and CJ7 are VERY similar, there seem to be a plethora of parts compared to my YJ. That and the YJ is a 4cyl. So I'll get it to where it's looking half way decent, drive it until I get a good job, then either sell it and buy a CJ or a TJ. Haven't really decided yet. OR, i'll keep the YJ and just drop a 4.0 in it. IF I do that than I'll look into more performance upgrades ^.^
            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
            X