Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.6L stroker from golen engines

Replacing the old 4.2L for a 4.6L going through Golen engine service. kinda having some probs with communiction though. has anyone ever went through Golen engines before, besides JP Magazine??? Also My 4.2L was carburated and really need to know what im gonna need to get the PROPER Fuel injection kit on it i know that im supposed to get 28lb injectors for it and thats pretty much all chad has told me. Already paid half for the engine and really no communiction or recipt dunno if that was a bad idea or not but least its from my old ladies bank if i gotta get cash back n such but hoping things would never go that far at all. please post Info if yall can thanks.

joe

What fuel injection are you gonna use? I replaced my 258 with a slightly built 258 and in retrospect I woulda put a small block or GM 4.3 v6.
    I have a Jeep

Comment

I just installed a Golen 4.6 stroker. Chad was very helpful and the motor was delivered on time. I am about 200 miles into the break-in and it runs great.

I have 24# injectors and have cranked up the fuel press to 50psi.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

4.6l

ok cool gives me more faith in what im getting the i guess. Can you tell me more about your fuel injection kit you ahve on there I really have no idea what to go with or how to hook that stuff up lol ive always had carburated vehicles sooo gonna be lost but im pretty mechanic savy so itll be ok in the long run. Alsot what type of injectors are you running and where did ya get them from? I live in Phoenix area, so running FI will help out im sure with climbing and elevation changes

thanks for posts and keep me posted im on here hourly

Joe

Comment

The 4.0 comes with multi-port FI so all I did was add new injectors and an adjustable reg from hescosc.com

You will also need a high press fuel pump, 3/8" lines - supply and return and a decent filter. I got most of the fittings and hardware from summit.
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
          X