Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Steer???

Ok so I dont really know what bump steer is, but if I had to guess I think I might have a case of it...or if you put it in simply terms BUMP STEER is how I would describe it!

So anyways I went wheelin this weekend..everything was fine...even the next day I used 4 hi and it was fine.

Today I was just seeing something so I put it in 4 HI well when I turn to the left or right It... well.... jerks back in fourth(the steering wheel) really bad same thing in 4 LO...in 2 HI it does nothing...it drives fine!

Any clue what this could be and some advice guys??
    Just trying to get to Cali!

that is the axle u-joints binding. Take it out of 4 wheel drive. That has nothing to do with bumpsteer. Your jeep is not meant to be driven on pavement in 4wd, unless wet or sandy . . . thats why its a part time t-case.

advice: put t-case in 2wd.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

oh I dont drive it on pavement in 4wd...i was just seeing something. When I went wheeling last weekend(you know on the dash where it says part time full time and 4 LO?) well it just stayed at part time the hole time...when I was in 4 HI or 4 LO so i was seeing if maybe I was doing something wrong..and i drove a couple feet and thats when I noticed the u joints i guess binding...well that go away once i go back off road agian dukes?

and thanks a lot man

Comment

Part time 4wd means it is meant to be used, well part time, as in not full time. So that part time light will always say part time. The u-joint binding will always be there when in 4wd, just dont turn the steering wheel that far. If that means making a U-Turn a 3 point turn then that what it'll have to be. u-joint binding = broken shit, especially offroad.
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

see that confuses me...cuz it didnt do it the whole time I was offroadin last weekend..i guess maybe i just didnt turn the wheel that far huh. and as the lights go..shouldnt the 4 LO come on when im in 4 LO cuz I was in 4 LO the whole time i was on the trails...ugh i hate not knowing this stuff

Comment

beats me. I dont pay much attention to the lights. If you know if was in 4LO then dont worry about the light not coming on.
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

okie dokie smokie

Comment

I also have all those lights in the panel but the only one that comes on is the "Part time" when ever I engage 4wd, the others never have on my 2002 Sahara. Not sure why their there, perhaps for other models using the same dash panel.

B&T TJ

Comment

possible...yea i know they are all there but they never ever come on! hmmmm silly chrysler

Comment

Working...
                  X