Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the other day i was taking my tire off for a look at my brakes. i run a detroit locker as well, it was moving forward and was racheting as well. afterwards when i drove it, the locker still worked... . if that helps any.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint
      the other day i was taking my tire off for a look at my brakes. i run a detroit locker as well, it was moving forward and was racheting as well. afterwards when i drove it, the locker still worked... . if that helps any.
      I'll have to take it a test drive and see what happens....time for that burnout on the neighbors lawn............
      1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

I just noticed that I posted this in the long wheelbase section....oh well...I'll keep going......After serching down brake parts gear oil and misc stuff to get the jeep on the road again, I took it out on a test drive to see if that locker was working properly, and it was. I found a section of base gravel close to the house (didn't want to mess up the neighbors lawn) stuck the rear tires on it and punched it a bit. Two equally deep tire marks and each tire threw roughly the same amount of gravel an equal distance to the rear.....so I'd say the locker engaged. Thanks for all the input. I still need to get the rear brake put together. I couldn't believe that no auto parts store had a brake kit for the jeep. Even more suprising, I went to the dealer figuring that they would have it along with the left rear hard brake line and they didn't have either. Good thing it's not a DD. No luck on wheel studs...Napa said they didn't have them and could not order them...whats up wit dat? Maybe I'll just rip it out and put that D 60 that I found for $2800 bucks + shipping and be done with it. What's a fair price for a super 35 with a spare set of 30 spline axles and a RockCrusher diff cover?
        Last edited by sam 15; 09-23-06, 05:18 PM.
        1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

To bad Toddh didnt read this thread. he'd bash you to kingdom come because its in the wrong section...... "oh brother!"
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
          X