Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grand to yj swap?

from what i understand a 4.0 is a 4.0.. is this correct?
    i have a 95 yj 4.0, and the engine is tired. i am wanting to be sure that a 4.0 from a grand cherokee will fit directly in my jeep. ai have available 96, and 99 grand engines. my acessories are still good so i'm thinking i can just move them from mine to the new engine.. am i right here?
    i am down to the wire here on buying an engine so i need good info.
    tihs thing has over 220,000 miles on it now and wont pass smog because of a dead or dying cylinder.
    thank you!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

I believe that is correct. 99's have distributorless ignition, I *think*, but since your swapping everything over anyway, that doesnt matter.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I think yer correct dukes... that 4.0 I bought from nailer has the dual outlet exhaust manifold and distributorless ignition, which I believe means it is out of a Grand. As near as I can tell (from memory), the bellhousing looks like it should mount up the same as my 258, so I'm assuming that they made the bolt locations the same on all of these things...

rick
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
      X