Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Locker... Finally

I just finished installing an ARB locker in the Dana 44 rear axle of me 2002 TEEE JAAYY. It lasted 12 hours, cost two cuts, a sore back, and a big-assed smile She works like a charm, and the install looks good. Still have to mount the switch in the dash, tie down a few loose ends, but man am I a happy camper that that is over. Where dem rocks? I may post up picks if they come out ok. I was by myself and wsn't real staedy with the camera.
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

What happened to "we dont need no stinkin lockers?" haha glad to hear it, it must be nice, hopefully one day ill have ARBs in the XJ.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Rubicon was my first trip out with my ARB's. I ran Rubicon three times unlocked with 3:73's, I have no idea how I did it.

ARBs kick ass! Congrats on your successful install!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

ARB in the front is on my list of mods. Congrats! If you were at your shop, you could've called me. I would have assisted. My back is still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
          ARB in the front is on my list of mods. Congrats! If you were at your shop, you could've called me. I would have assisted. My back is still good.
          I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks,
          Rat

Comment

Lockers eh?.....hmmmm where is the competition now?....hmmm....is this a challenge? Are you pinning for "The Hammers?"
            lol...congrats on major milestone of installation!
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

ok...ignorance speaking here... I gotta ask. ARB locker, is that like an air assist locker? So you have to mount air pump, tank and air lines? Again, sounds like lots and lots of work. hmmmmm actually sounds like fun stuff and more fun to switch on when the time comes.
              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                Lockers eh?.....hmmmm where is the competition now?....hmmm....is this a challenge? Are you pinning for "The Hammers?"
                lol...congrats on major milestone of installation!
                I posted this up specifically for you to comment on

I don't need no stinking lockers, I WANT them! And as much as hate to admit it, yeah, I want to go break the Jeep on the hammers. The thing is, I'm afraid I'll get hooked, and then what??? The poor house?

Thanks Bob,
                Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                  ok...ignorance speaking here... I gotta ask. ARB locker, is that like an air assist locker? So you have to mount air pump, tank and air lines? Again, sounds like lots and lots of work. hmmmmm actually sounds like fun stuff and more fun to switch on when the time comes.
                  You got it. Air assist it is. The Aussie auto lockers work well, but the rear one was getting way loud, and I wasn't going to find out on the trail what the life span of an auto locker is. The front is working great, so it stays until I can afford the ARB for the front. I used the exisitng Viair C400 compressor, added my own tank, pressure switch and regulator/drier. Works like a charm.

Comment

ok.... I will admit it. Love to have lockers too....but when you can't afford it and dont have it and are a long way from getting them.....this is what you say...." I DONT NEED NO STINKING LOCKERS!!!"
                    And of course you can only say that when you make it up the hill.. omg if you dont.

Have a great day....
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

" I want to go break the Jeep on the hammers."

Kurt, whats the matter with you? That crazy talk. You're going to Kill yourself! Sober up, that's just the moonshine talking!!

OK, so when are we going? It's going to start cooling down out there fairly soon. Maybe we should plan a weekend in September/October.

Comment

Congrats, Rat!
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA
                          " I want to go break the Jeep on the hammers."

Kurt, whats the matter with you? That crazy talk. You're going to Kill yourself! Sober up, that's just the moonshine talking!!

OK, so when are we going? It's going to start cooling down out there fairly soon. Maybe we should plan a weekend in September/October.
                          Ohhh yeah

Comment

now i'll have to have another way to find you!!! what will I do without the BANG!!! CLUNK!!! BANG BANG!!!! noises..........You should have called dude, we could have done it on my shop hoist. Hey when are we having that wine outting???
                            The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan
                              now i'll have to have another way to find you!!! what will I do without the BANG!!! CLUNK!!! BANG BANG!!!! noises..........You should have called dude, we could have done it on my shop hoist. Hey when are we having that wine outting???
                              Do you honestly think I wouldn't have found another part of my Jeep to make noise for you? Now the bushings creak like an old man. Thanks for the offer of the lift. I did it my shop, with a fork lift and all the nifty shop tools. I just bought a cool little TIG welder, so if you need welding done on aluminum or fancy metals, let me know.
                              Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              X