Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 dissengage no likey me.

I have had a probelm with my 4x4 dissengaging for some time now, I thought it was faulty vaccum lines but I checked them and they all seem fine. But I have noticed a new thing... my transfer case dissengages just fine, its the front end that isnt. I get a vibration while going down the highway, and after a while it just stops vibrating... It used to be fine once it stopped untill I would put it in 4x4 again, but now its vibrating again and I havent put it in 4x4? I also noticed that even in 2x4 when I turn sharp it feels like I'm still in 4x4... only sometimes though, and it doesnt only happen when I have vibration... it happens almost every time. Any ideas on this?
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

the vac. disco deal is a pile. either replace it with a posi-lock (cable actuated) or bite the bullet and upgrade to TJ shafts. Yo may also have some bum u-joints, I'd check those out.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      the vac. disco deal is a pile. either replace it with a posi-lock (cable actuated) or bite the bullet and upgrade to TJ shafts. Yo may also have some bum u-joints, I'd check those out.

2:24 am? Wow........
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
        Sober advice? HA! :beer:
        But yeah, I'd invest cash into some TJ axles or chrome molys intsead of the posi lok. Like Chris said you may want to upgrade any weak u joints.
        As far as the vibes it could be a number of things.
        Last edited by paulhead; 08-05-06, 12:08 PM.
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
          excellent addition to the thread. Thank you for your input. :poop:

edit:
          If you really give a shit, I've been working on Bonneville Salt Flat race cars for the past several days and nights (including tonight, post time: 2:07am WoW!). My feet hurt and my ass stinks, and you're not helping much. So who the hell are you to post at 11:28 am?
          Last edited by Dukes69; 08-06-06, 02:15 AM.
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I just replaced my U-joints in both axles. If I was to swap some TJ axles how much work am I looking at?
            Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

So I just searched for prices on TJ axles... not too shabby... about $1000-$1500 at the cheapest for both but thats just axles from wat I gather... what all would I need? And the front has an option for 4.10's but the rear has 4.11's...? is that right? I thought they both had to be the same?
              Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

Talking about axle shafts. You got the 260 or 297 ujoints? I think the 260 (weaker) if it's a 92YJ with the vac disconnect.
                “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

vacumn discos are like terrible
                  get rid of them
                  best thing you could do
                  I prefer manual or full time. course I am a huge fan of stupid always on technology, such as detriots, no need to turn them off either
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin92
                    So I just searched for prices on TJ axles... not too shabby... about $1000-$1500 at the cheapest for both but thats just axles from wat I gather... what all would I need? And the front has an option for 4.10's but the rear has 4.11's...? is that right? I thought they both had to be the same?
                    all axles will vary a tiny bit on ratios, 1/100th is nothing and way within the accepted range, you get more than that from tire wear.
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

why not just do an axle swap and go with manual hubs? bump up to dana 44. get them off a wagoneer make everything stronger. i had the posi lok.. i liked it but when i went to dana 44s and put on manual hubs... like them alot more. no worrying if it is in 4 or not. just my .02
                      therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Working...
                      X