Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil Pressure

How much does your oil pressure vary between sitting at idle and shile driving at driving speeds?
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Mine doesn't. Of course, I have the stupid "glorified idiot light".....the guage displays what DC engineers think you want to see, not what is actually happening. I'm not sure what year they started doing this.

The old rule of thumb is you want a minimum of 6psi per 1000 rpm.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Kinda different topic. I am looking for any threads or explanations about the PCM. I installed my STaK and when wiring the speedo gear something got loose so the wires werent really in contact. I lost my speedometer. Thats fine I thought. I will fix it here soon enough. (tonight) But while on the down time My idle is way off and am starting to Back fire. I read on another post the the speedometer pretty much controls the PCM and I would just like to understand that a bit more.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

I don't know much about how the PCM is programmed, other than the VSS is a vital input to many of the algorithms....particularly when it comes to fuel and spark control....but you already heard that. So I can't be much help there.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
          Kinda different topic. I am looking for any threads or explanations about the PCM. I installed my STaK and when wiring the speedo gear something got loose so the wires werent really in contact. I lost my speedometer. Thats fine I thought. I will fix it here soon enough. (tonight) But while on the down time My idle is way off and am starting to Back fire. I read on another post the the speedometer pretty much controls the PCM and I would just like to understand that a bit more.
          Fuel injected engines shouldn't backfire.
          Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
            How much does your oil pressure vary between sitting at idle and shile driving at driving speeds?
            My OP at idle is 40 and about 55-60 with load.

HTH,

L1
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

i get 30 psi at idle and 50 at 2,000r normal op temp. this is a 4.0 w/150K miles
              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Mine OP sounds about the same.

Lessoned learned: The stack uses a Rubi Speedo gear. Its a Electric, not gear driven. So on my jeep (97) you have to splice the wires together becuase the connectors dont match. One of the wires got tweaked and came apart. I lost my speedometer. That is, what I am assuming, confused the PCM to act funny and cause the idling and some backfiring. I got it connected properly and no issues at all.

Thanks for you responses...On to the weekend!
                Supe

Comment

the old rule is 10 PSI for every 1000 RPM.
                  the old AMC engines barely made it. The newer 4.0's seem to always have more than that.
                  It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Working...
                  X