Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad tranny

i have a 94 wrangler S with a 4 cylinder. the tranny willnot go into 5th gear and sometimes if stopped will lock up in between gears. i have looked everywhere close to where i live and can not find a used tranny or someone to check it out for me. any ideas on the problem let me know. also, i was told the year jeep had two different trannys put in it. all the help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    aka: texast
    :tongue:

My 95 came with the AX5 and at about 90K, the syncro gears went out. I didn't have an extra vehicle to drive around so I paid someone to rebuild it. Sounds like your tranny is just getting old.

Comment

I have one sittin on the floor in my garage, its out of an 89, with a 4 cyl. I think its the ax5. It was working fine when i took it out 2 years ago. If that is something you could use let me know. Shipping may suck on $$$$$$
      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan
        I have one sittin on the floor in my garage, its out of an 89, with a 4 cyl. I think its the ax5. It was working fine when i took it out 2 years ago. If that is something you could use let me know. Shipping may suck on $$$$$$
        I can help with the shipping. Danny, if you sell this tranny, call me and you can bring it to my shop. I'll ship it from here at my cost. Should be a good savings.
        Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

that would be way cool. Just wait and see if he still needs one or not..

How have you been?Jeep still holden together?

Comment

bad tranny

Originally posted by rat patrol
            I can help with the shipping. Danny, if you sell this tranny, call me and you can bring it to my shop. I'll ship it from here at my cost. Should be a good savings.
            Rat
            kurt, could you let me know how much it would cost me to ship the tranny that danny has? if it does not cost me an arm and couple of legs to ship it to a little town in virginia i may want to get the one danny has in his garage. it would be coming to a place called RUTHER GLEN, VA. 22546. please let me know. thanks to both of you for the help.

terry
            :tongue:

Comment

I talked to rat about shipping, he will let me know how much it is to ship. Hows $200.00 for the trans??

Comment

Working...
              X