Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my transfer case

Well i went to millers jeep trail with my 2006 wrangler X and made it through the trail no prob butttt.......... the next day my jeep was shaking real bad i thought maybe a weight fell of my tire..... NO i took it in and they told me my MAIN SHAFT WAS BENT!!!! I was like wtf no way well cuz my skid plate had some scratches on it CRYSTLER SAID THEY WOULD NOT COVER IT UNDER THE WARRANTY so 1100 bucks later and it should be fixed. My question is How do you bend the main shaft in your transfer case??? note i do have a manual tranny. anyway my buddy with a toyota is tryin to talk me in to gettin a toyota tacoma now i do not care how much crystler made me mad it just means its time to trade it in for a RUBICON!

the conclusion is i am getting a new transfer case do you all think the prob will be fixed? service man at jeep thinks that the problem is internal and the new transfer case will fix it
    IF FIRST YOU DON'T MAKE IT TRY TRY AGAIN!

sounds like they are trying to screw you over. that is no something you can visually check. drop the driveshafts, check the u joints, caps and see if they are ovalized or spinning in the yolks. check to see if your axel shafts are bent. if everything checks out okay then drop the t case yourself and send the internals to a machine shop to be inspected (or do it yourself). save yourself some $$$.
    And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

While I'm sure that has happened to someone before that has to be a rare problem. I would think that would be more likely in something with alot of power not stock Jeep power. I'm thinking for your piece of mind you should ask to see it. Any reputable shop/dealer should be able to answer your questions and be willing to demo or show it to you. If they do show you see if you can take a pic...i'd like to see it too

Comment

IMO, I'd find it hard to believe that anything on miller trail could have done anything to your transfer case. those things are pretty bulletproof, and miller is only a moderately difficult trail in a few sections...although I COULD BE WRONG.

i also second that it sounds like they're trying to screw you over. a little more info would help some of us on the board troubleshoot it for you, if thats what you're looking for...for example:

does the shaking occur at high speed? low speed? where is it coming from? does it only occur in 4WD or 2WD? does the shaking occur from a particular location on the vehicle?...
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

it was only shaking when i was giving it gas not when i was just coasting i looked at the transfer case and i was told that it was internal problem and because there were scratches on my skid plate they would not cover it on warranty i just got my jeep back yesterday! the prob is fixed AND IT DRIVES 50 TIMES BETTER THEN WHEN I DROVE IT OFF THE LOT! I hope the prob is fixed i am on a new QUEST! I am gonna trade it in for a RUBICON!

Comment

Since they made you pay for a new transfer case, you still own the old one...did they give it to you? Or did they keep it?

My guess is they billed you for a new one, but didn't give you a new one...they repaired yours (assuming that the t'case was indeed the issue) for relative pennies.....
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

when my jeep had about 3000 miles on it the tranny started to jump out of first gear. I took it into the dealership and they replaced it no questions asked. The mechanic even jokingly asked I lived in a mine field because of all the scrapes and gouges in the belly pan.
              rule #1. take it to a different dealer.
              rule # 2 try a differnt dealer
              rule # 3 a rubicon t-case sells brand new for about $1400
              It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

i did not keep it if i wanted to keep it it was a 200.00 fee go figure but i seen him take it off and put the new one on he opened the old one and the shaft was bent and the parts around it were jacked. Now that it is fixed it runs sooo much better it runs better then when i got it! I AM GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND WITH SOME BUDS TO CLEHORN OR BIG BEAR ANYONE WANNA JOIN?

Comment

trail rated my ass!
                  i'd have fought them over not replacing that transfer case, or at least tried a different shop.
                  what a crock!
                  what dealership is this so we can send them an email, or something.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Yeah I agree that's a bunch of b.s. That 231 transfer case has been around for awhile, its no slouch. You had to do something major to it or there was a problem from the beginning. Especially if you say that it drives better now then the day you got it off the lot. Also if you think a Rubicon is that much better than your TJ think again. Your TJ will hold its own any day.

Sounds to me like you got the shaft! Pun intended.

Comment

well i may have gotten the shaft butt... i am happy about how it drives now and if somthing else goes wrong then rubicon time! My wrangler is weak compared the rubicon my gears are 307 not 373's or 4.10! 307's rear dana 35's I think i am gonna trade in for a 2007 rubicon what do you all think?

Comment

Originally posted by rmwrangler
                        well i may have gotten the shaft butt... i am happy about how it drives now and if somthing else goes wrong then rubicon time! My wrangler is weak compared the rubicon my gears are 307 not 373's or 4.10! 307's rear dana 35's I think i am gonna trade in for a 2007 rubicon what do you all think?
                        do it!
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                        X