Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Sensors on 4.3 Vortec

Hoping someone can answer my question. I just had exhaust done on my 4.3 Vortec. The motor is out of an '97 S-10 and is in my CJ7. The shop put an 02 sensor on each side of the exhaust, then one after the Y pipe in front of the cat and one after the cat. I thought there was supposed to be two 02's in front of cat and two after the cat for a total of four. Is there only supposed to be one after the cat? Guy there said yes but I have my doubts. I looked on some S-10 sites but I don't want to join their forums unless necessary so I thought I'd give you guys a shot. Any info would be great. I want to take her to the smog ref but want to be sure before I go.

I belvieve it has one in front and rear of the cat only,
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Late chime in, but my 2000 4.3L came stock with 4 sensors just like they put on yours.
      I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Hey better late than never. Yeah all four of mine hooked up properly now and it runs good. Since you've got the same swap let me ask you...the only codes my computer is throwing now are related to tranny problems. Specifically, those related to an auto tranny since that is what the motor had behind it. I have a stick though and need to some how either get the computer corrected or get a new computer which I don't want to do.

Did you have this problem or did you use the auto that came with it?

Of course after posting I noticed your statement by your avatar......so I'm guessing your running an auto (real perceptive I know). However I have a 700R4 that is going to go in it eventually but since its not computer controlled I'll still have the same problems. Any ideas?

Comment

I ended up with a 96 computer for an auto since I kept the 4L60E and didn't want the VATS chip in the key thing. In your case you just need to find the S10 truck with the 5 speed computer to make that all work. 96 and 97 are the 2 years you can get to run the engine without the VATS in them.

www.car-parts.com is your best bet for this
          I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Working...
          X