Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teralow 4:1 ? ?

is this really worth the money? i have suffered a little on some trails where i think lower range gears would help me not bounce around soo much, and probably would help the clutch not slip all the time.

so whats your opinions on this kit?
    whats a price you would buy it at?
    if you have it, is it worth the cash?

i have a 5spd 4.0L, 33s and stock 3.73s
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97
    is this really worth the money? i have suffered a little on some trails where i think lower range gears would help me not bounce around soo much, and probably would help the clutch not slip all the time.

I have no actual experience but...several wheelin' buddies got the tera low, broke it and then got an Atlas.

I think the teralow is OK for the 4 banger but the 4.0 chews it up. I'm waiting until I can get an Atlas.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Hope this might help just put one in my 95 w/4.0/auto, 4:56,35mtr's and had wheeled 2yrs prior w/o. and man I love it I think that it put's usable tourqe to the ground and feel that the rig wheels much easier and much more controled. $750 plus new front drive shaft(check Pirate4x4 board) pre TJ np231's will have to get a couple new parts but not that much more$ they don't tell you that till you read instructions!

Russ

Comment

I have had the terra low dana 300, an atlas, and I now have the terra 4-1 np231...
        my terra 231 is the loudest case I have ever heard, but it's been loud for years with no problems at all. I have not seen any break except for guys that do not folloow the direction... the directions are very clear: do not over rev the case in low range. this usually means no more than about 2800 rpm in 2nd with a 5 speed. This is a serious PITA on any trail thats not hard core because I have to switch between hi and low a lot. fortunately ths is only a problem on a few trails (rubicon and ducy). I find mtself wheeling in high range more now, and thats fine in big bear and such. I actually wanted a rubicon case, but I got a smoking deal on this one from a friend, and I can honest;y say that it[s worth the $$$$
        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97

IV had my Taralow 4:1 for awhile now and had no problems what so ever with a 4.0 5spd. Ever since I had put this low budget tool, compared to the price of a ATLAS/STak onto my stock NP231, I have been able to climb some pretty gnarly rocks with out any effort what so ever. For me, this was a perfect budget solution investment I had ever made and have heard many testimonials about this Taralow from friends and other jeepsters who use it. It’s your call what you want to do if you have the money, but installing an ATLAS or STAK isn’t easy with out some modifications and knowledge. From knowing some of the guys I wheel with, you better make sure you have the drive train to handle that tremendous torque if you go with an ATLAS or STAK. Also, the stock NP231 is alot stronger than many people think! They can take a hell of a beating and still keep on kicking.
          Last edited by Drewminator; 05-23-06, 03:48 PM.
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
          X