Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie lock the front diff?

Well,I have been thinkin' it over and I cant afford to lock the rear(selectable).So,I am thinking about locking the front diff with an aussie locker or lock-right.My question is,should I go for it and lock the front of my cj?Or you guys think it's a bad idea?

I always understood the theory was to put the selectable in the front. That way you can unlock it to make the tighter turns. Put the solid locker in the rear. Start with that and then save for the selectable for the front, unless your cj is a dedicated trail machine, then it doesn't matter.

Comment

I ran a Lock Right in the fromt for 2 years with no problems You will be fine it's my opinion that you need the locker in the front over the rear. You will need to start your turns earler or Austin Powers your tight turns.

Comment

Thank you guys,I dont want to lock the rear permanantly because I dont want to have to put my clutch in around corners.I thought something would be different about the steering,thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Question about this turning thing.

W/ a locker like the Aussie that SLIPS in turns why would you have to do anything different when turning into a space/corner etc.

It slips for that reason right.
          It's not like it's welded together.
          84' CJ8-Project Jeep
          86' CJ7; A/C; 258 I-6; T-176; D-44rear; D-300; 66,500 original miles.
          http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jbsgroup/Jeep%20Pics/?action=view&slideshow=true
          www.jeepersjeepclub.com

O)IIIIII(O

www.street2mud.com

Comment

Because it slips when throttle isn't applied. Turning into a parking space wouldn't be bad, but on the trail, when making a turn up the line that you want, you will likely be in the throttle a little, and the locker won't slip.

Comment

Ya I know, maybe I just read into the question to much.

Thanks,
              RollBAr
              84' CJ8-Project Jeep
              http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jbsgroup/Jeep%20Pics/?action=view&slideshow=true
              www.jeepersjeepclub.com

O)IIIIII(O

www.street2mud.com

Comment

I think I am going to lock it up in the front.With a aussie locker or lockright.I know my turns wont be as tight.I will just have to think before I turn.You gain some,you lose some.

Comment

Sully,
                  let us know how it turns out & please take some pics.

RollBar

P.S. Nice signature line.
                  84' CJ8-Project Jeep
                  www.jeepersjeepclub.com

O)IIIIII(O

www.street2mud.com

Comment

Working...
                  X