Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driveshaft shop

Does anyone know of a driveshaht shop in the Palm Springs/Indio/Coachella valley area. I need to get my front DS re tubed after last weekend. I'm looking for a shop more local the Riverside of San Bernardino, but if those areas are the closest I'm make the drive. Anyone looking to get rid of one also let me know. Thanks
    1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

I may get rid of my Front DS but I am not sure yet. Depends if I go that route while doing my TC. I wont know till later next week. Also, is this for you TJ? This is in the long wheelbase forum....
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Try All-State Driveshaft in Yucca Valley. 760-228-1127. I might have a front TJ shaft, I will let you know soon.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

It's a good thing I'm not being graded on my grammer or spelling from that 1st post......wow

I may get rid of my Front DS but I am not sure yet. Depends if I go that route while doing my TC. I wont know till later next week. Also, is this for you TJ? This is in the long wheelbase forum....
        Yeah, it is for me....I must have clicked on the wrong forum....on the plus side Nagal has set me up with a DS. Keep us up to date with that TC swap. thanks

Comment

FYI if your ever consider Banning Driveline: DON'T! I had horrible customer service there and they doubled the price on my driveshaft from the estimate to the time I went in to pick it up without calling me. I was quoted a price of $200 - $250 when I dropped the old shaft off. They took two weeks longer than they said would take to make my new one. During this time they never called to say it wouldn't be ready on time or that it would cost more. I called several times to see when it would be done and never got a solid answer. When I finally was told it was done, I drove down I was surprised to hear that the price had somehow risen to $450 without my knowledge. Written quote? Doesn't mean anything if we need to do more work! So they kept their driveshaft and my old one.

Bob's Driveline in Victorville made one for me and did a GREAT job. I would recommend them to anyone.

Comment

This seems to be there MO....When I called them for a re-tube and balance for two DS's they quoted me $100 ($50 each). Then they were ready when they said they would be, however when I went to pick them up their invoice was $194 + change. I quickly pointed out their "error". I dealt with the same person so they didn't try the ole switch a roo and start with BS like "I don't know who quoted you that". He changed the invoice without saying anything.....I hadn't planned using them again, but considered maybe in a pinch. After your post, they will not get any further business from me.

I figured $50 ea. was a fair price-Material ($10 or less) and $40 labor for each one. Any input on what's normal? A driveline shop in Palm Springs quoted me $125 ea. for re-tube and balance. That sounded way to high, so I went to Banning Driveline because they were the next closest shop. I'm told Yucca Valley is a good shop and was recommended. I chose Banning, again because they were closer. Not again.

Thanks for your input

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
              Try All-State Driveshaft in Yucca Valley. 760-228-1127. I might have a front TJ shaft, I will let you know soon.
              How about these guys? I used them and was happy with the work. Of course I did not have the ds long before getting rid of the Jeep.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Try All-State Driveshaft in Yucca Valley. 760-228-1127.....
                Yeah, that's the one I was referring to......never did call them for a price....wish I had

Comment

Originally posted by sam 15
                  Yeah, that's the one I was referring to......never did call them for a price....wish I had
                  For my front shaft to be shortened and balanced was $50. They painted all black to be nice and purtty too
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I had a bad experience with banning drive line also... It was not ready on time, 1st extra trip, got the drive shaft, They gave me a different slip yoke that did not fit, 2nd extra trip, got the shaft home, 1 inch linger the specified, 3rd extra trip, aahh final I can run the truck.
                    No apologizes, no break on price.... and this is the short version...

The next couple I had made at Bobs Drive Line in VictorVille. Good price and great work…
                    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I had a very good experience also with Bob's Driveline in VV. They're on Palmdale Dr.
                      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

I had my front driveshaft shortend and purchased a longer slip from General Driveline in Monrovia, CA recently. North of the 210 freeway and Myrtle. Excellent service and reasonable pricing.

"run forest, run!"

Comment

J E REEL in pomona ca is da bomb!
                          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                          X