Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junkyard Tire/rim shopping! What will fit?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard Tire/rim shopping! What will fit?

Just wondering what Trucks/SUV's I should be looking for with the same bolt pattern as my 75 DJ5 (CJ5 Frame) 5x5.5 if im not mistaken.

I was told older Fords should do the trick, any thoughts?

I figured I would try the junkyard before spending more money on tires than I did on my entire jeep. Especially since my Jeep only sees use when the Search and Rescue team is called out. :yay:
    Last edited by DJ5punk; 04-14-06, 08:57 AM.
    1975 Jeep DJ5-258-Auto-Brush Gaurd- Jerry Can-Light Bar- Trail lights-Overhead CB-Firestick-Roof Rack-Hood Mounted Spare- Glasspack

If you are on the search and rescue team, I would spend a couple of dollars on quality tires so you can be the rescuer and not the rescue-ee. Better safe than sorry, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ChucknTammy
      If you are on the search and rescue team, I would spend a couple of dollars on quality tires so you can be the rescuer and not the rescue-ee. Better safe than sorry, you know?

I know exactly what you are saying but I also know that I wont me mud bogging or actually crawling, just driving around in the woods. I figured that a good set of knobby tires would give me the extra clearance I need and the grip to push me through whatever could have fallen on the service roads in the mountains and such.
      1975 Jeep DJ5-258-Auto-Brush Gaurd- Jerry Can-Light Bar- Trail lights-Overhead CB-Firestick-Roof Rack-Hood Mounted Spare- Glasspack

Comment

Working...
      X