Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ax5 clutch and slave

well, i took the transmission out of the 4 banger today. it has a slave cylinder problem. i'll be replacing the clutch while i'm in there.. what the hell ever posessed them to put the slave cylinder inside the bellhousing?
    well, at least with the experience i gained from doing my ax15 transmission and clutch swap swap, i learned some things io got the trans out in about an hour and a half...
    i'll keep you posted on the installation.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

right on. I was just thinking . . . does the slave cylinder mount to the bellhousing? I was just wondering is it was possible to swap bellhousings between ax-5 and ax-15's to allow for an external slave? sigh . . . maybe I'm just thinking too much again
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

actually, it just rests there on the shaft that goes to the engine.. not much to it once it is all opened up.. just undo the plumbing and it slides off .
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Erik, mine came with an external slave (late 95 2.5L).
        If you can source the bellhousing I still have the slave cylinder you can have.
        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

replacing slave clutch ax5

Hi Nailer,

I am in the same process of replacing the slave on my 89 cherokee. Why did they do this? It appears to be leaking into the bell housing. Also my local auto parts asks, is it horizontal or a vertical slave? I assumed horizontal until I looked at the bearings. It is the more expensive vertical, ofcourse. It is draining the clutch master cylinder causing stuck 1&2gears and engine shutoff because the clutch pedal would loose resistance when pressed. Is this your problem, too?

Comment

Working...
          X