Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 TJ 6-spd, shifter hits dash!

The shifter in my 6-spd '06 hits the dash when shifting.

I know it is because of the Rough Country Series II 4" suspension kit they installed for me.

I am thinking about removing the "shifter shaft" and bending it slightly with a blow torch and slight pressure... how easy is it to remove?

This is on a used Jeep I am about to buy. Remaining warranty and a lot of options for a real low price... but is this suspension kit worth it?

http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scripts/p...dproduct=10431

This kit probably has a drop transfer case kit or spacer set on it in an attempt to eliminate drive line angularity vibration. The place selling it most likely didn't spend the $ to do the lift right as it would eat into their profits & most people don't know the difference anyway.
    To fix your problem: Remove the drop transfer case kit & install a quality SYE (fixed yolk output shaft) conversion on your transfer case along with a good CV or double cardan driveshaft made for 4-6" of lift height. This will restore the anglarity of your driveline & you won't need to "bend-to-fit or Paint-to-match" mods to the shifter extension lever. Id avoid bending your shifter with a torch as you might set the bushing on fire & that will ruin the shifter extension guaranteed.

Rick OllllllO
    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
    Rick W6RE

Comment

Originally posted by OllllllO
      To fix your problem: Remove the drop transfer case kit Rick OllllllO
      This will not help, and will in fact make the interference worse. If the condition is caused by transfer case position, then the transfer case is to *high*, and a lowering kit is needed. Think about it for a second, as you lift the transfercase in relation to the body (while leaving the engine in it's original position), everything between the motor mounts and the rear of the transfer case will rotate up and forward...which can cause this problem (been there, done that).

I would take a long hard look at it...there is probably a reason they are selling it so cheap.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Ok thanks, I hope by posting this anyone else wanting the kit will find my rant on the results.

Comment

Working...
        X