Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie wrenchin'+spark plug changeout?

Hello Jeepers... Ok, I'm past my one year anniversary for owning my '00 Sahara / 1.5" body lift / 15"MT Classic Lock w/ 33 x 12.5 Goodyear MT/R / 48,600 miles / auto tranny / all else stock. I know that doing nearly anything in a TJ can pose questions to a newbie - so I'm asking before I wrench anything...

1. I picked up some Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs... any issues/opinions?

2. I've never changed spark plugs in my TJ let alone prior vehicles. Besides using anti-seize, what precautions/procedures should I take/do before swapping them out? Give me the rookie scoop!

Thanks in advance for all helpful comments!

*siberian huskies love topless Jeeps*
    "Work is the curse of the drinking class" ~Charles Dickens

I do a quick shop vac of the depression after pulling the wire and before pulling the plug to get any sand or crap from falling in, we do run these things in harsh inviroments
    pull one plug at a time so that you do not lose the firing order
    the plug has a crush washer on it, you do not torque them down, you snug them down a bit of a turn past the thing hitting bottom
    when you pull your old plugs you can compare them to a chart and learn a bitr about your engines health.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Hey BlackZZR !! thanks for the tip! That is exactly why I asked this seemingly mundane question! I had not thought of doing the shopvac thing - and can see why its important! Same with the lo-torque - just enough to git 'er snug. A year ago when I bought the Jeep, it had never seen offroad...the whole engine was spotless! Not so much spotless anymore under there, especially after all the monster puddle splashes and mud flingin' up everywhere! cheers!
      "Work is the curse of the drinking class" ~Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
      X