Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.8 flange adapter

The problem is that I am doing the swap in my YJ and i need the flange adapter. The 8.8 that i pulled was out of a 99 explorer. I had ordered an adapter from currie and it is the wrong one. It fit the u-joint but the bolt holes did not macth up onn the pinion flange.

I have been doing some research and found out that ford used two diffrent pinion flanges. One is a 1310 flange and a bigger 1330 flange. The one i got from currie was for the 1310 flange.

My question is what is the part # and who makes the adapter for a 1330 flange to a 94 yj 1330 u-joint?

And who should i call to find it?

I'd reccomend NOT to call PartsMike.com... ugh... I'm STILL waiting for my parts that were ordered in November! The guy's a great dude, but the service is KILLING me.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Call Jesse at High Angle Driveline. Tell him what you have and he should be able to set you right.

http://www.highangledriveline.com/
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by locked94yj
        The problem is that I am doing the swap in my YJ and i need the flange adapter. The 8.8 that i pulled was out of a 99 explorer. I had ordered an adapter from currie and it is the wrong one. It fit the u-joint but the bolt holes did not macth up onn the pinion flange.

I have been doing some research and found out that ford used two diffrent pinion flanges. One is a 1310 flange and a bigger 1330 flange. The one i got from currie was for the 1310 flange.

My question is what is the part # and who makes the adapter for a 1330 flange to a 94 yj 1330 u-joint?

And who should i call to find it?
        does the 94 have the 13-30 joint? i thought that was only a 95 yj thing.
        if you have any future plans of putting a cv driveshaft on your rig, i recommend getting the 13-10 adapter. Spicer P/N 2-2-1379, and a combination u joint 13-10 to 13-30. this way you keep the flange when you get the cv shaft.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

more has the flange.
          http://www.mountainoffroad.com/more.htm
          see axle mounting hardware
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I have the 1330 in the YJ and already went to a cv shaft. The adapter that MORE has is to the 1310 u-joint they don't carry the one for the 1330 u-joint.

I called Tom Woods and they knew exactly what I was talking about and had the part in stock. Great People. I wish i would have called them first.

Comment

Working...
            X