Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in 4

Hey guys. I have an 01 XJ, and I just did a little 4 wheeling up by Mt. High this weekend. Anyway, I only needed the 4WD for about ten minutes. When I was done, I tried to put it back into 2WD, and it would not go. It has been stuck in 4 since yesterday. Any Idea what could cause that, and if it is an easy fix or not? Coould it be some kind of link from the lever to the T case? I have someone looking at it right now, but wanted to see if there was any expert opinion out there. Also, if this happens again, is there a way to manualy take it out of 4 for safer highway driving?

I don't know about XJs, but I know that TJs are easily adjustable. It sounds like it may not be going far enough to lock back into 2, which should just be a matter of a simple adjustment.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Sounds good. Simple = Cheap. I just put $900 into it, so I really hope this one is not that bad of a problem. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

you were right. Turned out to be a grommet that holds the linkage together or something like that. Anyway, it was a free fix since I was already a customer there. Whew. that was a relief.

Comment

Sweeet. Glad it worked out for you.
          Erik

I fix things.

Comment

same thing happend on my 01 tj i tried puttin it in 4wd and the linkage bent and popped out but was a easy fix just pulled the linkage out straighted it and put it back in
            [COLOR="DarkOrange"][LEFT]2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0
            2 Inch Suspension, 3 Inch Body
            33 Inch Buckshot Maxxis Mudders
            on 15 Inch Pacer Sawblades 3 3/4" backspacing[/LEFT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyJeep01
              same thing happend on my 01 tj i tried puttin it in 4wd and the linkage bent and popped out but was a easy fix just pulled the linkage out straighted it and put it back in
              That's cool, do you think I could bend it without taking it out? It is actually still happening. It's just now that I know what it is, I can fix it when I need 4wd. Right now, I usually have to get under the jeep, and push the linkage into place before I shift it. It's nothing I want to spend a lot of dough on, but it is a bit of a pain in the ass. what do you think? Just bend it with some plyers or something?

Comment

Working...
              X