Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoinCommando
    It is probably good to make the distinction here between the EZlocker and the softlocker. It seems like the problems have been with the ezlocker not the softlocker. There is a big difference. Anybody have troubles with the softlocker?
    IV had my Detroit soft locker for quite sometime now and had no problems what so ever. Any locker for that matter really needs to be installed correctly by someone who really knows what they are doing so it gets installed right, therefore you will never have any bangs or noise for that matter coming from your front end. My ACE jeep guy is Ryan from http://www.rawbrown.com/ this guy really knows his S#%T! And gives excellent advice.
    Drew
    95yj Six Pack

Comment

I have the soft locker in my bronco. It is in a 9 inch rear running 36" Swampers and has not even whimpered in that heavy truck with lots of abuse. No problems at all.

Comment

On the street my full detroit somtimes pops so loud it sounds like the axle exploded and then the jeep jumps over half a lane. I would think your EZ locker wouldent be as bad though.
        94' XJ,4.0,Tera Low 4:1
        D44/9inch, Locked, 36x14.50 TSL's and way to much lift

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyJeep01
          sure can lol i ended up putting a stock case assem. back in i ordered it from 4wheelparts.com i had to put a new case in cuz the locker cracked my other one and no problems so far with the new gears and everything still really dont know y the detriot locker was doing what it was doing.
          I take it this means you installed the detriot on your own
          I have been told by my builder that a badly setup detroit is a double pain
          and he explained the process you have to do through to set one up, I thought that was a pain.
          Anyway, I would pay someone with a lot of experiance to install it.
          Kinda like the professional electrician coming in and fixing the install you made by taking home depots class.
          Just a thought
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

thats the thing i had a guy that does the stuff everyday put it in for me and it still did the same thing adding in that i tried 3 different lockers and they all did the same thing..
            [COLOR="DarkOrange"][LEFT]2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0
            2 Inch Suspension, 3 Inch Body
            33 Inch Buckshot Maxxis Mudders
            on 15 Inch Pacer Sawblades 3 3/4" backspacing[/LEFT][/COLOR]

Comment

thats the thing i had a guy that does the stuff everyday put it in for me and it still did the same thing adding in that i tried 3 different lockers and they all did the same thing..
              I called my builder today and asked him, he said the backlash was not set properly, I do not have a clue what he ment
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

yes the backlash was set properly lol

Comment

There is a lot of controversy about the softlockers and the others, but it comes down to the install. One of things I haven't seen mentioned so far are the bearings (axle and carrier). If the axle bearings are worn or damaged they allow the axles to shift position under load/unload conditions. The "clutch" action of the locker sees that as a sign that one tire is getting more traction than the other. Bad or improperly installed carrier bearings may do the same. What gear lube are you using?
                  Rat
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

i was using 75 140 then i switched to 75 90 both synthetic oils and all my bears are good

Comment

i was using 75 140 then i switched to 75 90 both synthetic oils and all my bears are good
                      I didn't know :dunno: bears had anything to do with broken lockers or gear oil....

Just kidding already (belated april fools day)! :homer:

Rick OllllllO
                      " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                      Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
                      X