Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 YJ tranny to a 97 TJ (ax5) ?

Hi everyone, my first time on your site so bear with me. I am still trying to figure it all out! I have some great PICs of mudin in the Sun here in Hawaii I will post when I finally do! I hope someone can answere this for me. I messed up my AX5 tranny on my 97 TJ. It is very costly here in Hawaii for rebuild,$2300. I took it apart myself and found many more issues than a bearing syncro kit could handle. Parts alone, ordering seperate will be over $500. A rebuilt shipped to Hawaii will be about $1400 as shiping is so costly. I found a used AX5 in a local Salvage yard in what appears to be a good shape 94 YJ I can get for $300 and a 30 day guarentee!! If any issues he said he would fully refund the $300. I am 98% sure I can use this but that 2% wants me to save the $300, Can anybody tell me if I can use this for sure? Thanks.

It Does

Hmmm, I guess nobody knew the answere to my question. I bought it anyways, It is a perfect fit in case anyone was wondering or even interested. Bonus, got the transfer case also which someone wants and will pay me generously for. Guess I was fortunate this time. Well, anyways, back on the trails and will post some pics soon. If anyone is ever vacationing on Oahu I may be able to get them out on the trail.

Comment

Working...
    X