Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil' help?

Short version, I just totalled my 04 SE.

Now, I need a new one. I'm broke so I can't afford anything beyond the X (which is also stretching it). So, couple of questions.

First, how much should I be paying for it? Invoice says $19K, but theres no way I'm paying that much. I paid $15K for my SE and I think invoice said like $16K on it.

Second, this thing comes with a lot of stuff I don't want/need. For instance, the backseat. Can I sell it? Well...of course I can sell it, will anyone buy it? If so, what can I expect to get for it? Same question for wheels and tires. My SE had 31s on it but I don't think they're going to let me get them back, so...screw it, guess I'll have to go with 33s.

I was looking at the options and some of it is kinda confusing. For 33s, (and keep in mind that this is primarily for street use. I like the dirt, but never seem to get around to it) should I go with the 3.73 gears? Is there a way to get it without the stereo? It'd be easier (and cheaper) to install my own. If not, does the stock one have a removable face? What the hell is an "engine block heater"? Is that just the normal heater? Do they really have the balls to charge me extra for it?

I think that's about it. Is there anything else I should be checking on?

Thanks guys.

As far as I know, the engine block heater is a trace heater that prevents the block from freezing in extremely cold climates. Sounds like the "Arctic Circle" package :yay:
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston
      As far as I know, the engine block heater is a trace heater that prevents the block from freezing in extremely cold climates. Sounds like the "Arctic Circle" package :yay:
      yes, that item is very very pointless in socal
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Perhaps you could look for another '04. More hassle than getting a new one off the lot, but you will get more Tyco for your money.

Comment

How about an 03 Rubicon :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4994

goodtimes is a good man, i'd buy a jeep offa' him (can't believe I just said that )

Comment

I thought about that, but I prefer not worrying about what others have done to it and I'll also be on a time line once the insurance cuts the check. Once they do, I can only have a rental car for 2 days.

As for the heater, I MIGHT be moving to the Cincinnati area, how important would it be to have this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo
              I thought about that, but I prefer not worrying about what others have done to it and I'll also be on a time line once the insurance cuts the check. Once they do, I can only have a rental car for 2 days.

As for the heater, I MIGHT be moving to the Cincinnati area, how important would it be to have this?
              Block heaters are only needed in the coldest of climates: arctic circle and above: Cinci is not even close.

Comment

Sweet, thank you.

Any idea how hard I can squeeze them on the price?

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo
                  Sweet, thank you.

Any idea how hard I can squeeze them on the price?

Get a quote from an internet company(cardirect.com or someone like that). I saved almoat $3,000 when I bought my new in 2002 and it was a special order, I just had to wait 6 weeks. The dealers want you to take what they have on their lot and will tell you whatever you want to hear, hold your ground, remember there's more dealers then buyers right now. You should be able to find what you want.

Good shopping, B&T TJ

Comment

Well, I got it last night.

After getting the run around and having just about every dealership in Southern California try to screw me, I ended up getting a Golden Eagle edition for a bit more than I was hoping for, but...this thing is awesome. (or at least it will be once I get all these stupid stickers off of it)

D44, 3.73, Rubicon springs, soft AND hardtop (trying to figure out which one to sell) and just about every amenity I can think of. I'm not huge on comfort, but...it had it all, so why not take it? Also comes with the lockers (although I'm not sure if they're REAL lockers or not)

I'm not really sure what the difference is between this thing and a Rubicon except for the ugly stickers and whole buttload of money, but...I'm happy!

Comment

Working...
                    X