Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift kits? Temp gauge?

I'm in the process of installing a TF999 replacing my T5. I have read where people recommend a deep pan, but have not read anything about shiftkits.

Where should the Tempeture gauge be installed. Pan? or inline going to the cooler?
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Every auto swap I have read about places the temp gauge inline going to the cooler. Try Summit for a deep pan.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
      Try Summit for a deep pan.
      Got a 2qt deep pan :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
        I'm in the process of installing a TF999 replacing my T5. I have read where people recommend a deep pan, but have not read anything about shiftkits.

Where should the Tempeture gauge be installed. Pan? or inline going to the cooler?
        I dont think a shift kit is needed. Most of your wheeling will be done in 1st gear. I dont think you'll benift from one.

As for the Temp gauge, I believe that the pan is a better representation of what temp your tranny is running at.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

It certainly is easier to install one in the pan, but the "hot" line is the most accurate place to measure from. The pan will only give you the temp of the post-cooled oil, the "hot" line will (obviously) give you the temp of the oil as it exits the tranny, when it is most representative of the temperature of the tranny. That said, mine is in the pan because it is simply easier. No matter where you install it, you are really looking for a relative reading anyway. If the tranny starts getting hot, it will be hot everywhere...the hot line, cold line, pan....you name it. So, once you install it, watch for temp increases relative to where it normally is. My 47RE will get up to 165* (in the pan) when pulling my jeep down the freeway, or in stop and go traffic when unloaded....so whenever it starts getting hotter than that, I look for a cause (which is usually heavy traffic so there is no airflow over the cooler). If I had installed it in the hot line, the temperature would be higher...but I would still be looking for the change in temperature, as a indicator of a problem.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            I dont think a shift kit is needed. Most of your wheeling will be done in 1st gear. I dont think you'll benift from one.
            I was looking at installing one for the increase in pressure and flow threw out all the gears. The Art carr kit says 600% oil flow. Just a little a fraid of what the gear shifts will do CV jionts.

Comment

Working...
            X